Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Fear Not, Part 1

What is it today that you are fearing?

Let us look at God’s Word to help you overcome these fears, for 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

We need to speak this scripture over ourselves all the time. Let’s use sickness and disease as an example. Here is the way to do it.

Let’s make our confession:
God has not given me a spirit of fear of sickness and disease but He has given me His Spirit of power of health. He has given me His Spirit of love. His love is perfect and casts out all fear of sickness and disease according to 1 John 4:18 which says: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear; because fear has torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. I am made perfect in love, because Jesus Who is Love dwells in me with His perfect Love. Since perfect Love casts out fear, then fear of sickness and disease is cast out and divine health takes its place. And He has given me His Spirit of a sound mind. I have the mind of Christ according to 1 Corinthians 2:16. I take hold of His thoughts of divine health, of divine love and of divine power. I believe I receive divine health in my body NOW because Mark 11:22-24 tells me that the God-kind of faith speaks to the situation and commands it to be removed. I don’t doubt in my heart but I believe that those things which I say shall come to pass. I shall have whatsoever I say. I am praying right now and I believe that whatever things I desire, when I pray, I believe that I receive them. Divine health, I believe I receive you NOW.

A note here on desire: Many people are afraid that they will pray the wrong thing because they don’t know if it is God’s desire for them. God’s desire is what He says in His Word. His Word tells us that Jesus came and bore our sickness and disease that we might be made whole (Isaiah 53:4,5 and 1 Peter 2:24). God’s Word tells us that He sent His Word and healed us and delivered us from destruction (Psalm 107:20). His Word tells us that the Holy Spirit Who is the same Spirit that raised Christ Jesus from the dead dwells in us and quickens (gives life) to our mortal bodies (Romans 8:11).

In Luke 8:50 when the ruler of the synagogue was given bad news, Jesus told him to fear not but believe only. Bad news is not of greater value than the good news of God’s Word. The word of bad news has to bow its knee to the good news of God’s Word. And every little demon who is behind the bad news has to bow its knee to the name of Jesus and flee.

We will speak more about this tomorrow.