Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Authority and Power, Part 5

1 John 3:8b, Amplified Bible and KJV
…For this purpose, reason, the Son of God was manifest, visible, that He might loosen, undo, dissolve, destroy the works of the devil.

Over the next several days we will see what Jesus has done so that we can have authority on this earth over satan and all of His works.

Today’s verse tells us that Jesus has destroyed the works of the devil. What are the works of the devil? Sickness and disease, want, lack, poverty, doubt, unbelief, defeat, failure, death are all works of the devil. They are designed to bring us down and divert us from God’s best for us, which is health, prosperity in all areas of our lives, faith, victory, success, a sense of well-being (which is what shalom is).

Think about it: Jesus came to this earth in order to take care of all the works of the devil. Did you hear that little word “ALL”? Yes, He came for the purpose of destroying the works of the devil. That is the best news I have heard in my life. It’s over. The battle has been won. The victory is ours.

How does victory come? We personally stand our ground for what belongs to us and we do not let the thief come along and steal our goods. Say this after me: “Health is mine. Victory is mine. Success is mine. Prosperity is mine. All that God has is mine. I stand and receive it for myself. It is mine NOW! I have been given the authority to take all that is mine. God gave me His authority and His power. I am not a weakling. I am strong in the Lord. I draw my strength from Him.”

Jesus is the Head. We are the Body of Christ.
We and He work together.
Jesus was manifested to destroy the works of the devil.
Even so, so are we in this world. He gave us His authority to take care of all the works of the devil in our lives.