Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fear Not, Part 2

Have you been doing your confession?

If you haven’t, print it off and get started.

One thing I want to say here before we go any further. Confession is not an “end-all” for everything just to go great the first time you speak. Confession of God’s Word is just to get you into agreement with God, for where there is no agreement, there can be no results. Results come as you continue to speak His Word and begin to see things the way He sees them. It is a process that usually takes some time, for you see, you didn’t get where you are overnight in your believing.

Most of us have had our believing system molded in us since we were children. Our outside environment of the people who surround us influences us. What we hear on television influences us. What we read influences us. So, what am I saying here? How much do you want to think like God thinks? How much do you want to be in agreement with God? How much do you want your deliverance?

I have come to the point in my life where I very rarely watch television or read anything other than God’s Word or a book about His Word. Even if I watch a television program on the Home and Garden channel or some other program, I shield my ears during some of their commercials. My husband and I go to sleep with teaching and scripture CD’s. I listen to uplifting CD’s when I am driving. Praise and worship music CD’s are playing in the house to fill the atmosphere with God’s presence.

What I am saying to you is that this is a lifestyle and not a passing moment of confessing a few scriptures. I ask you again: How desperate are you for your deliverance, for your breakthrough, for your freedom into the place that God has reserved for you? Many people are born, live and die and never achieve the place of freedom in God’s Kingdom while they are here on this earth. I want to be one of those people who live to the fullest everything God has for me--His abundance of life in the overflow in every part of my life.

We quoted Luke 8:50 yesterday where Jesus told the ruler of the synagogue to fear not, believe only. In verse 48, He said to the woman with the issue of blood: Be of good comfort; your faith has made you whole.

You see, faith will make you whole. What does whole mean in this verse? In Strong’s Concordance we see that it is the word “sozo” which means to save, deliver or protect, heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.

If you were to look in a regular dictionary, whole means that everything is one--no fragments or breaks or pieces. Jesus makes you whole in every part of your life—spirit, soul (mind, will, emotions), and body, socially and financially. Start confessing that you are whole in every part of your life.

Let’s finish our study on “fear not” tomorrow