Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Confession of Psalm 91 and 92

Let’s take a good dose of God’s Word today and see who we really are and where we really dwell.

Psalm 91

I dwell in the secret place of the Most High and remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, Whose power no foe can withstand.
I am stable and fixed and do not fluctuate with every circumstance and situation.
I am unchangeable because God in me is unchangeable.
I will say of the Lord:
He is my refuge, the place where I am safe and protected, my hiding place from all physical danger.
He is my fortress, my place of strength, my defense against all human enemies.
He is my God---on Him I lean and rely and in Him I confidently trust.
Then He will deliver me from the snare of the fowler and the deadly pestilence, malignant and contagious, infectious epidemic diseases, deadly and devastating.
He will cover me with His feathers and under His wings shall I trust and find refuge.
His truth and His faithfulness are my shield and buckler.
I shall not be afraid of the terror of the night nor of the arrow, the evil plots and slanders of the wicked that fly by day nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not come near me.
Only a spectator shall I be, myself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High as I witness the reward of the wicked.
Because I have made the Lord my refuge, and the Most High my dwelling place, there shall no evil befall me nor any plague or calamity come near my dwelling.
For He will give His angels especial charge over me to accompany, defend, preserve, guard, protect and keep me in all my ways of obedience and service.
They shall bear me up in their hands lest I dash my foot against a stone.
I shall tread upon the lion and adder, the young lion and the serpent shall I trample underfoot.
Because I have set my love upon Him, therefore he will deliver me.
He will set me on high because I know and understand His name, have a personal knowledge of His mercy, love and kindness.
I trust and rely on Him, knowing He will never forsake me, no never.
I shall call upon Him and He will answer me.
He will be with me in trouble.
He will deliver me and honor me.
With long life will He satisfy me and show me His salvation in every area of my life. In my pathway is life and there is no death.


Psalm 92:12-15

I as the uncompromisingly righteous shall flourish like the palm tree---be long-lived, stately, upright, useful and fruitful.
I shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon---majestic, stable, durable and incorruptible.
Planted in the house of the Lord, I shall flourish in the courts of my God.
Growing in grace, I shall still bring forth fruit in old age.
I shall be full of sap, of spiritual vitality and rich in the verdure---the vigorous, flourishing, growing condition---of trust, love and contentment.
I am a living memorial to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises.
He is my Rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

All scriptures taken from the Amplified Bible.