Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Psalm 119 - Part 1

Today and the next several days we are going to take Psalm 119 and personalize it for confession. In my estimation, this is one of the best passages to confess on the Word of God and to give us the desire and the respect for God’s Word that He deserves. He has given us His Word to keep us steadfast and steady in this world in which we live. What a planner. What a God. He has given us everything we need to live a victorious, overcoming life while we are here on this earth. Let’s make our confession.

I am blessed (empowered to prosper, succeed) when I order my life in Your Word, God, which is Your will revealed to me. I am blessed when I keep Your Word and seek You with my whole heart.

As I do these things, I will walk in Your way of thinking and doing, God, because I am righteous.

Lord, You have commanded me to diligently keep Your Word and I will obey Your command.

May my ways, my life be directed to keep Your Word.

Then I will not be ashamed for not taking what I have inherited because I respect Your Word of promised inheritance. In other words, I take seriously my inheritance.

I will praise You, thank You with a right heart when I learn from Your Word how to conduct myself in Your ways and to think as You think, to think Your thoughts.

I will keep Your Word.

How shall I cleanse my way? By conforming my life to Your Word, paying attention, taking heed, being careful to hear and do Your Word.

I will seek You, Lord; I will seek Your Word with my whole heart. I will not wander, stray from Your Word.

I have hid Your Word in my heart, so that I may not sin against You.

Blessed are You, Lord. Teach me Your Word.

With my lips I declare Your Word, Your commands.

I have rejoiced in the way of Your Word as much as in all riches.

I will meditate on Your Word and honor, respect the way You do things.

I will delight myself in Your Word. I will not forget Your Word.

Deal bountifully with me that I may live. I will keep Your Word.

Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of Your Word.

My heart and soul longs for Your Word.

I keep Your Word and meditate on it. Your Word is my delight and my counsel.

Quicken me, give me life according to Your Word.