Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Do You Trust Me?

Do you trust me? Have you ever had someone ask you that question, or have you asked someone that question yourself? When we hear that question, we usually go into “auto pilot” with our answer. Our response goes something like this: "Of course, I trust you." It is a normal response without much thought.

I believe the Lord asks us that question from time to time, and our response is too quick. "Of course, I trust You." I am asking the Spirit of the Lord to search my heart and show me the areas where I do not trust the Him. I am sure there are some. In fact, as I write this Pearl, I see some already. Praise God for revealing. Revealing is one of the greatest benefits of the indwelling Holy Spirit. He shines the spotlight of His Presence on things He wants to uncover and “deal with” in our lives.

Many times, trust or the lack thereof, is indicated by what we are willing to allow someone to do for us. Trust involves relinquishing control. If you or I have a fear that someone else (including God coincidentally, like it or not) will not do it the way we think they should, then there is a trust factor involved. For example, do you trust God with your spouse or your children? Many times we say we trust, but when we are “put to the test,” we fail the test. When you don’t know where your child is, do you trust God? When your spouse is late getting home, do you trust God? When the bills appear to be greater than the paycheck, do you trust God? When your retirement fund is reduced in size because of the economy, do you trust God? When He asks you to give your last $10, do you trust God? I think you are getting the picture. We can say we trust God, but the real test comes when we have to trust Him and cast the care of the whole load on Him, believing that He cares for us.

What trust really “amounts to” is believing that someone loves you enough to take care of you in all situations or circumstances. It is believing they will be there for you in the good times and the bad times.

With God, trust is a decision we all make every day in many different circumstances. I have made that decision. How about you?

Here are some scriptures to help you move into the position of trusting God. Confess and meditate them for your life.

Psalm 91:2, Amplified Bible
I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!

Psalm 118:8
It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Psalm 144:2
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust….

Proverbs 28:25, Amplified Bible and Proverbs 29:25, Amplified Bible
…I put my trust in the LORD, and I shall be enriched and blessed.
…I put my trust in the LORD, and I am safe and set on high.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Psalm 125:2, Amplified Bible
Those who trust in, lean on, and confidently hope in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides and stands fast forever.

Power is released when you trust God and are thankful. You’re immovable. You’re surrounded by His Glory.