Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Authority of the Believer - 23

We have finished our discussion of why Jesus came to the earth, but in order to refresh our memories, let’s do a quick summary of why Jesus did come. He came to set us free from satan’s dominion of death and sickness and disease and poverty and lack and failure and defeat. In 1 John 3:8 we read that for this purpose Jesus was manifested or made visible---to loosen, undo, dissolve, destroy the works of the enemy. Well, who is your enemy—the devil! In Hebrews 2:14,15 we read that Jesus rendered powerless him who had the authority of death. Jesus gave that authority to us. In Colossians 2:15 we read that Jesus spoiled or stripped principalities and powers of their authority. In Luke 10:19 we read that we have been given authority to tread on serpents and scorpions (demonic powers) and over all the power of the enemy. In John 10:10 we read that Jesus came that we might have and enjoy life, have it in abundance, to the full, until it overflows.

Now let’s talk about what we have RIGHT NOW. We are sharing in the spoils of victory that our conquering King has gotten for us. He is the Victor. He is the Victorious One. He is the Conqueror. And if we are in Him, what does that make us?

The Word of God says that we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us and gave Himself for us. I don’t know about you, but that is shouting ground for me. When it looks like all hell has broken loose around me, it is just a mirage because Jesus has already conquered satan and all the demonic powers and handed me the victor’s crown.

What am I to do? I am to stand firm, and having done all to stand, stand therefore. And sometimes it may look to others in the natural that you are standing on quicksand, but The Word of my God is a strong foundation on which I can stand and not be shaken when all around me is shaking. When my life is built on the solid foundation of the Word of God and the leading of His Spirit, I am an overcoming, victorious one. And circumstances do not dictate my victory. The Word of God, Jesus Christ Himself determines that I am victorious.

So let the voices of the enemy roar; he knows that he is defeated. He knows that he is doomed. He knows that his end is coming. That is why he is roaring so loudly. The weaker the lion king the more he tries to scare everyone with his roar. Stand up to the fullness of the victory that your King Jesus has purchased for you. Walk in the victor’s path. Looks like I got to preaching there a little but I am stirred up in my spirit about what Jesus has done for me and about how little I have appreciated it and gripped when all around me seems to be contrary to what I believe. And I have asked the Lord to forgive me for letting everything and everybody determine what is success in my life. He is the One Who determines my success.

God Almighty has given me the terms of success in the Old Testament. Yes, I said the Old Testament. Many of you know where I am going----Joshua 1:8. I love this scripture. It rings in my ears all the time as if the Lord were speaking to me instead of Joshua. I can stand in time and hear those words ringing in my ears. If these are God’s instructions to Joshua, they are His instructions to us as well.

This book of the law (The Word of the Living God) shall not depart out of your mouth.
You shall meditate on it day and night, that you may OBSERVE and DO according to all that is written therein.
THEN, (Did you see this little word, THEN?) THEN, you shall make your way prosperous and THEN you shall have good success.

There is only one way to be successful according to God’s Word---keep His Word ever before you day and night and like a mirror that you look in, it reflects you as a victorious one, a successful one. What is your part—keep it before you day and night, speak it, consider it all the time, and DO what it tells you to do. Then you will be successful. God gave me a definition of success a long time ago. It is achieving the desired end result. The desired end result is always what God’s Word says it should be. Where are you today? It makes no difference what is facing you or not facing you. God’s Holy Spirit (His Presence) and His Word will carry you through.