Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Psalm 91 Study, Part 6

Today we finish our study of the scriptures on refuge and fortress in Psalm 91. Next week we will continue with the next verse in the Psalm. Remember to speak this Psalm over yourself and your family every day and over all our troops.

Psalm 59:16,17
But I will sing of Your mighty strength and power; yes, I will sing aloud at Your mercy and loving-kindness in the morning; for You have been to me a defense (a fortress and a high tower) and a refuge in the day of my distress.
Unto You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; for God is my Defense, my Fortress, and High Tower, the God Who shows me mercy and steadfast love.

We sing to the Lord and praise Him because He is our strength; He is our power; He is our fortress; He is our High Tower; He is our Refuge, not only in trouble, but all the time. All the time God is our Fortress and Strength. Let’s not just think of Him as strong in our behalf when we are troubled. Think about the times when He is strong on our behalf in our daily living and days of enjoyment of His Presence.

Psalm 61:2-4
From the end of the earth will I cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed and fainting; lead me to the rock that is higher than I [yes, a rock that is too high for me].
For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.
I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever; let me find refuge and trust in the shelter of Your wings.

We find our shelter in the Lord God 24-7. He is the One Who protects us. Actually, when we know that He is the One taking care of our lives, we will not be overwhelmed or faint. We will be confident as we watch our enemy fail in his attempts to distract or deceive or destroy us.

Psalm 62:5-8
My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress. I shall not be moved.
Psalm 112:6 (The man who reverences the Lord) will not be moved forever….
With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God!
Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower).

Our confidence is to be in the Lord at all times as the One on Whom we lean and rely and the One in Whom we confidently trust.

Psalm 94:22
But the Lord has become my High Tower and Defense, and my God the Rock of my refuge

Psalm 144:1,2
Blessed be the Lord, my Rock and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight-----
My Steadfast Love and my Fortress, my High Tower and my Deliverer, my Shield, and He in Whom I trust and take refuge. Who subdues my people under me.

The Lord does battle for us and defends us against our foes. He is our Shield and Strength.

Psalm 18:1-3 and 2 Samuel 22:2,3
I love You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.
The Lord is my Rock, my fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower.
I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised, so shall I be saved from my enemies.
He said: The Lord is my Rock [of escape from Saul] and my Fortress [in the wilderness] and my Deliverer;
My God, my Rock, in Him will I take refuge; my Shield and the Horn of my salvation; my Stronghold and my Refuge, my Savior----You save me from violence.

David knew the Lord was his Fortress, his Refuge, his Stronghold. He knew his God. He may have had his challenges, but there is one thing for sure; David was a man after God’s own heart. He loved the Lord with all his heart and he trusted Him in his life’s situations. He learned to trust him as a young shepherd lad tending his father’s sheep. It prepared him for the giant. We as well need to learn to trust God in our lives and be prepared for the giants. They are mere flies on the wall to God. When we are in Him and He is in us, we are safe; we are protected. Put your trust in the Almighty God today and always. He is your great Defender and Shelter.