Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Focus on Jesus and the Glory

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom, no bondage. When we are trying to do things in our own human efforts, through our own human spirit, there is bondage and no liberty or freedom. You can use this as a gauge in everything in the spirit realm. God is a God of freedom and joy and peace and tranquility. He doesn’t force us or push us to do anything. He presents His Truth and gives us the freedom even to choose Him and the Truth of His Word or to reject Him. That is how much freedom He gives us. He will even give us the freedom to go to hell if we so choose. That is freedom of choice. People talk these days about freedom of choice. They don’t even know what freedom of choice is. Freedom of choice is what God has given us to do what we want to do when we want to do it however we want to do it. He will not force us to do it His way, even when His way is best.

What a mighty and awesome God Who has created us. As for me, my freedom of choice is that I choose Him and all that He has for me. He has only good for me as His child. Don’t tell me that all this bad stuff is going to happen to me and I am going to have to suffer because I know God. You are too late. He comes to my defense and takes care of satan when I yield to Him. He is my papa, Who guards me and keeps me from the evil one. That wicked one touches me not, if he knows what is good for him. He has already been defeated by my big brother Jesus and I don’t think he wants to tangle with him again. Jesus defeated him soundly, forever. Any time the enemy comes against you with some of his evil doings, stop in your tracks, turn and say: Oh, no, you don’t. Stop right now. I don’t receive your junk. That is not for me. Take it back where it came from. You are not delivering that package to my door.

We don’t have time to deal with satan’s distractions. We have a work to do for our Lord and Master. There is a harvest to gather. We must be about our Father’s business.

In 2 Corinthians 3:17,18 we see what we are to be doing. We all with open face beholding in a glass the glory of the Lord are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. We are to be beholding Jesus and His glory, not the enemy and what he is doing. He is to have nothing with us. As we behold Jesus in the Word of God, we will be changed to look more and more like Him, to be changed into His image from one degree of glory to another. It is the Spirit of the Lord Who changes us. He is the One Who takes the Word of God and conforms us to the image of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. We must behold Him, particularly when all around us is trouble and contrary circumstances. When the wind of adversity is swirling around us and the roar of satan is intense, that is the time when we behold Jesus and His Word more and more.

And then what happens to us? The Lord will increase us more and more. God is the God of increase, not decrease and not subtraction. He only knows increase. He only knows multiplication. That is His nature. And as we stay focused on Him, as we behold Him, as we purpose to see only Him, we see only increase; we wee only multiplication. Our focus must be so aligned with Him that we see only what He sees, even in the midst of adversity. When we behold Him, then we behold life and health and prosperity and goodness and peace and joy and love. And when we behold all those things, disease and death and lack and poverty and fear and doubt are not able to overcome us. We must behold the Lord and all that He is. We are not to behold satan and all that he is. That is what he wants us to do as he screams for our attention. Don’t give him the time of day. Let him rant and rave. He will get tired after a while and give up.

Stay focused on Jesus and all that He has done for you, all that He is doing for you. He has overcome and He has made you more than an overcomer through Him Who loves you. Focus on His love for you. Focus on His life in you. Focus on His nature. Focus on all that He is. As you do that, His glory will shine on you and around you. His glory is His presence manifested. Some call Him the anointing. Some call Him the Holy Spirit. Some call Him the glory. Anyway you call it, He wants to manifest Himself on our behalf and be the One in the midst of us. Oh, I am hungry for more of Him. I am hungry for the glory of God to be operating in His fullness in my life.

Where is your hunger today? Are you hungry for Him? Are you hungry for His Word? Are you hungrier for Him than you have ever been? If you have let your hunger and thirst grow dull, ask the Lord to quicken you again with His thirst, with His hunger. Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled. You shall be filled. He will not turn you down. When you hunger for His Presence in your life, when your heart longs for Him night and day, day and night, you will be satisfied. He will not deny you.

He whispers to you and me today: Come aside with me, my beloved and learn of me. Lean on me and let me be the One Who takes care of you all the time.

The Lord is longing for His children to come with Him to the higher places He has prepared for us while we are here right now on this earth. Answer His call.