Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Scriptural Tidbits

As I have been reading my Bible this week, I have written down some tidbits that I would like to share with you.

In 1 Samuel 15:22,23
What is more pleasing to the Lord----your offerings or your obedience to His voice?
Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft.
Stubbornness is as idolatry.

God is very serious about obedience. We can make all kinds of offerings to Him in the place of obeying what He is asking us to do, but it will not change His request to us to do what He asks.
Also, that is considered rebellion, which is as the sin of witchcraft, siding with satan. Ouch! I don’t want any part of satan in my life.

1 Samuel 16:7
People judge by outward appearance.
The Lord judges by people’s thoughts and intentions; He looks at the heart, the inward man.

I don’t think that one needs any further comment. What we have to do is obey that word.

1 Samuel 16:13
When the Holy Spirit anoints you, you are a different person.

1 Samuel 17:47
And all will know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear for the battle is the Lord’s….

We all have to be reminded of this on a daily basis. It is the Lord who has already won the battle and it is the Lord who will take care of your personal battles. We do not have the capability in ourselves to do anything apart from Him. It is His ability that will take us over the top.

John 5:30 Amplified Bible
I am able to do nothing from Myself, independently, of My own accord, but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders….I do not seek or consult My own will. I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose, but only the will and pleasure of the Father….

If Jesus did this, He is our example. We must do the same.