Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Agape Love

I Corinthians 13:4-8, Amplified Bible, NLT

Because God is Love and God is in me, Love is in me.

Therefore,

I endure long and am patient and kind.
I am never envious nor do I boil over with jealousy.
I am not boastful or vainglorious, not do I display my haughtily.

I am not conceited, arrogant or inflated with pride.
I am not rude or unmannerly.
I do not act unbecomingly.
I do not insist on my own rights or demand my own way.
I am not self-seeking.
I am not touchy, fretful or resentful or irritable.
I take no account of the evil done to me; I keep no record nor do I pay attention to a suffered wrong.

I do not rejoice, I am not glad, about injustice and unrighteousness, but I rejoice when right and truth prevail, when they win.

I bear up under anything and everything that comes.
I am ever ready to believe the best of every person.
My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances.
I endure everything without weakening.
I never give up, never lose faith, am always hopeful and endure through every circumstance.

Your Love in me, God, never fails, fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end.
Your Love never fails.
Your Love will last forever.

Therefore, I yield to Your Love every minute of my life, whether I feel like it or not, because I know that when I yield to Love, I am yielding to the best that You have for me and my loved ones.