Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

He Is My Shepherd

Psalm 23, Amplified Bible, NLT

The Lord is my Shepherd to feed me, guide me and shield me. I shall not lack for any good thing.

He makes me to lie down in fresh, tender green pastures.

He leads me beside the still and restful, peaceful waters.

He refreshes and restores my soul. He revives life in me.

He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.

Though I walk through the deep, sunless valley of the shadow of death (this earth) I absolutely do not fear or dread evil, disaster or calamity, for He is with me. That wicked one touches me not.

His rod protects me and His staff guides me. They both comfort me.

He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. I feed upon His Presence, and my enemies flee.

He anoints my head with oil, with favor and anointing. He equips me to serve Him and walk in His way in heavenly fellowship with Him.

My brimming cup runs over. Overflow and abundance are with me forever.

He anoints my head with oil from an overflowing cup. My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely, most certainly, only goodness, the mercy of covenant love, unfailing love pursues me all the days of my life.

Every day of my life the Lord and His Presence shall be my dwelling place.

Jesus Christ, You are my personal Friend. I know you desire not only to meet my needs but also to overflow Your Blessing on me. I am Your beloved. You are my beloved One. Thank You for taking care of me as we develop a peaceful, trusting relationship of intimacy with one another.