Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Our New Nature

If you are born again, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord, you have a new nature. You are a new creation in Christ Jesus. Your spirit is a new spirit, recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew, that you may do those good works which He ordained for you to walk in.

Today we are going to make a good confession regarding who we are. This is a confession we all should make every day to renew our minds, which must be filled every day with God’s Word, His way of doing things.

Our confession will be personalized from the New Living Translation, Colossians 3:12-17.

Since God chose me to be a holy person whom He loves, I clothe myself with
tenderhearted mercy,
kindness,
humility,
gentleness,
and patience.
I make allowance for other’s faults and forgive the person who offends me.
I remember that the Lord forgave me so I must forgive others.
And the most important piece of clothing I wear is love.
Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.
And I let the peace that comes from Christ (The Anointed One and His anointing) rule in my heart.
As a member of the Body of Christ, I am called to live in peace.
And I am always thankful.

I let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in my heart and make me wise.
I use His words to teach and counsel others.
I sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with a thankful heart.
And whatever I do or say, I let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Isn’t this a powerful confession. The Lord brought this to my attention as I was reading the Word today and checking some references to Colossians 3. What a wonderful and awesome God we have the privilege of being one with. Jesus has given us the privilege of being one with Him and the Father and one another just as they are one with each other and the Holy Spirit. I think that is a pretty neat deal, if you ask me. I have the opportunity, the God-given right, the privilege of being one with God Almighty, the One Who created me and all that is around me. What a deal! What a God!

Ponder these thoughts today as you work, shop, pray, read the Word and do things for your family and friends and strangers. And also take time just to “be” and not “do” anything. Sit in His Presence and enjoy Him.