Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Clean Hearts, Right Spirits

The cry of my heart every day is that God will keep me pure and clean before Him, free of the debris of the world system. All around us we are hearing the voices of the world telling us how horrible everything is and how they have the answers for us. There are no answers except those that are in the Word of God. However, if our hearts and minds are cluttered with the ways of the world, we cannot hear what God is speaking to us.

Clarity is no longer an option; it is a must. We must hear the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ clearly. We must hear His instructions. The Holy Spirit of Truth is here to give us instructions every day. In order to live the life God has designed for us, we must yield to the voice of the Holy Spirit and follow His directions precisely. Our yielding and listening could mean the difference between life and death. We must have clear channels, uninterrupted by the static of the world’s voices.

There are several scriptures that mean so much to me right now. Let me share them with you.

Psalm 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Every day I am praying these scriptures when I get up in the morning. I want a clean heart which is acceptable to the Lord, and I want the words of my mouth to be acceptable in His sight.

As you and I speak God’s Word, we are speaking Truth, and we are giving the Holy Spirit of Truth the right in our lives to direct us with His Truth. This is so important in these days in which we live. The Truth of God will dispel confusion and deception every time. Deception is more prevalent than I have ever seen it in my lifetime. All of us are capable of being deceived. Beware of the pride of thinking that you cannot be deceived. That is deception in itself. Deception is the act of believing a lie. Most of the time one deception leads to another and constitutes a lifestyle of lies.

We as God’s people are protected when we camp in God’s Word. In fact, Psalm 91:1 tells us that we who dwell in the secret place of the Most High God (His Presence and His Word) shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. Satan cannot withstand the power of Almighty God operating in our lives and keeping us in the Truth. When we are walking in the Truth, lies cannot overtake us. The Lord has shown me that the word “shadow” here in this verse is His Glory over us like a canopy of divine love, which is our protection and our defense. Isn’t that awesome! We have a canopy over us of God’s Glory. When we walk in the Lord and in the Light of His Word, the darkness of deception cannot overtake us.

There is no greater time than the present time to dwell in the Word of God continually. Get up with it in the morning, shower with it, shave with it, put your makeup on with it, dress with it, eat with it, go to work with it, talk to your friends about it, come home in the evening with it, drive with it, go to bed with it. In other words, don’t leave home without it!

Dwell much in Psalm 119, the Psalm about the Word of God. Open our eyes, Lord, that we may behold wonderful things out of Your Word. The entrance of Your Word brings Light. Your Word is a lamp unto our feet and a Light unto our path. We have found Your Word, and we live with it and by it. It is our instruction book of life.

It is God’s Word which will create in you and me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us. It is the Word of God that comes out of our mouths that will please the Lord and keep our lives pure and clean. It is the heart which meditates on the Word that will be kept from deception and the lying words of the world. God’s Word is acceptable in His sight. His Word is what He wants us to meditate on. Without the Word of God, there is no direction of purity and rightness or righteousness.

Keep the Word before your eyes and going in your ears and coming out of your mouth. It is your protection. It is your very life source.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me and let the words of my mouth and let the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my God! You are my Lord and You are my God. I praise you and worship you and revere you. You are so awesome and so beautiful. Thank You, Lord, for being my God.