Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

He Loves You; He Chose You

Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes (Ephesians 1:4, New Living Translation).

I have been focusing on this scripture for months. It speaks volumes to me about God’s desire to be my Heavenly Father. Before He even made the world, which was thousands of years ago, God loved me. My mind sometimes finds difficulty wrapping itself around this truth. God loved me before He ever created me or the world. His love for me reaches beyond time and space. Before I was even created in my mother’s womb, God loved me. He created me to love me. What an awesome thought!

Then, as if that was not enough to love me, He chose me in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. Now that is a big thought. God Himself chose me in Christ. What was His purpose for choosing me? He chose me that I would be holy (like Him, in agreement with Him) and without fault in His sight. He chooses to see me as perfect, blameless, and without spot or blemish. What a God! What a choice!

Look at Ephesians 2:4-10 in the New Living Translation. I enjoy reading this passage. It gives me such assurance of my Heavenly Father’s love for me.

“But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s special favor that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ, and we are seated with him in the heavenly realms----all because we are one with Christ Jesus. And so God can always point to us as examples of the incredible wealth of his favor and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us through Christ Jesus.

God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”

Isn’t it wonderful to be loved and chosen!