Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Righteous, Blessed Ones

Psalm 112 tells us about the righteous ones, which you are if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior. Today we will speak that Psalm over ourselves. It is a very specific description of who we are and what we have in the midst of a world full of wickedness. Meditate on this Psalm until you see yourself as that person God describes in this scripture.

I praise You, Lord. I am blessed as a man/woman that reveres and worships You, Lord.
I delight greatly in Your commandments (Word).
My seed, my offspring shall be mighty upon the earth.
I am upright and my generation shall be blessed.
Wealth and riches shall be in my house and my righteousness endures forever.
Light arises in the middle of the darkness for me as God’s righteous one.
I am gracious and full of compassion and in right standing with God.
It is well with me. I show favor, deal generously and lend.
I conduct my affairs with justice and discretion.
I will not be moved forever.
I as God’s righteous one shall be in everlasting remembrance.
I shall not be afraid of evil tidings.
My heart is firmly fixed, trusting in the Lord. I am leaning on Him and I am confident in Him.
My heart is established and steady.
I will not be afraid, until I see my desire upon my enemies.
I have distributed freely. I have given to the poor and needy.
My righteousness with God endures forever.
My horn, emblem of excessive strength and power, shall be exalted with honor.
The wicked man will see it (my righteousness and power and authority) and be grieved and angered.
He will gnash his teeth and disappear in despair.
The desire of the wicked shall perish and come to nothing.

What do we see in this Psalm? We as God’s righteous children do not have to be afraid or troubled. Our hearts are to be firmly fixed and trusting in the Lord.
He alone is the One with the power and strength and authority, and He has given it to us.
We do not have to fear the wicked, for they shall perish and come to nothing.

We can praise God and worship Him and delight greatly in His Word. He is our Light and our Salvation.