Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Hope Of His Calling

Ephesians 1:16,17,18

I pray to You, God of my Lord Jesus Christ, Father of Glory, that You would grant me the spirit of wisdom and revelation, of insight into mysteries and secrets, in the deep and intimate knowledge of You.

Here in verse 16 we are asking our Father to show us Himself, to give us wisdom and understanding of His nature, of His Kingdom. He is the One with insights into the mysteries and secrets of His realm. As we seek Him daily and spend time in His Word, We come to know Him and His ways and learn how to walk in those ways ourselves.

The eyes of my understanding being enlightened, of my heart being flooded with light---
So that---
I may know and understand---
(1) What is the hope of Your calling
(2) What is the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in me, your set-apart one
(3) What is the exceeding, unlimited, immeasurable, surpassing greatness of your dunamis, resurrection power toward me, in me and for me who believes.

God demonstrated the greatness of His marvelous power when He raised Christ Jesus from the dead. That same power is in you and me right now if we are born again, if we have accepted Jesus as our Savior. Interestingly enough, that power will lie there dormant until we learn about it and how to allow the Spirit of God to operate in our lives. The power is there in us. That is the hope of His calling. He is calling you and me to a higher ground than we have ever attained before in our lives.