Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, February 08, 2010

God Is My Rock, Part 8

Today we are going to let the scriptures speak for themselves concerning God as our Rock, our immovable, impenetrable hard place against which no resistance can stand.

Psalm 71:3,13-16
Be to me a rock of refuge in which to dwell (my strong habitation) and a sheltering stronghold to which I may continually resort, which You have appointed, given command to save me, for You are my Rock and my lofty Fortress or Stronghold.
Let them be put to shame and consumed who are adversaries to my life – let them be covered with reproach, scorn, and dishonor who seek and require my hurt.
But I will hope continually and will praise You yet more and more.
My mouth shall tell of Your righteous acts and of Your deeds of salvation (deliverance, rescue, help, safety, victory) all the day, for their number is more than I know.
I will come in the strength and with the mighty acts of the Lord God….

Psalm 89:24,26,28,33,34
My faithfulness and My mercy and loving-kindness shall be with him and in My name shall his horn (power) be exalted (great power and prosperity shall be conferred upon him.)
He shall cry to Me ----
You are my Father.
You are my God.
You are the Rock (Mighty God, Mighty One) of my salvation (deliverance, health, help, welfare).
My mercy and loving-kindness will I keep for him forevermore and My covenant shall stand fast and be faithful with him.
Nevertheless, my loving-kindness will I not break off from him nor allow My faithfulness to fail (to lie and be false to him).
My covenant will I not break or profane nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

These two scripture passages hold quite a load of promises to us and for us from our God. Ponder them and embrace these truths of God as your Rock today.