Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

God Is My Rock, Part 5

I am just going to let today’s scripture on God as our Rock speak to each one of us. Make this scripture a place of pondering today. Think on it and believe the Word of God for you personally.

Psalm 31:3-5,7,13,14,17-21,23,24

You are my Rock and my Salvation.
…You are my Strength and my Stronghold.
…You have redeemed me, O Lord, the God of truth and faithfulness.
I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy and steadfast love….
I have heard the slander of many – terror, fear is on every side – they schemed together against me – they plotted to take my life.
But I trusted in, relied on, and was confident in You, O Lord – I said: You are my God.
Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, or disappointed, for I am calling upon You – let the wicked be put to shame – let them be silent in Sheol (the place of the dead).
Let the lying lips be silenced, which speak insolently against the righteous with pride and contempt.
O how great is Your goodness which You have laid up for those who reverence and worship You, goodness which You have wrought for those who trust and take refuge in You before the sons of men.
In the secret of Your Presence You hide them from the plots of men – You keep them secretly in Your pavilion from the strife of tongues.
Blessed be the Lord! For He has shown me His marvelous loving favor….
O love the Lord all you His saints. The Lord preserves the faithful and plentifully pays back him who deals haughtily.
Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for, hope for and expect the Lord.

Wherever you go and whatever you do and whatever is happening in your life, God is always there as your solid place of refuge. He hides you in the shelter of His arms. He will defend you and take care of you. Trust Him at all times. Yes, you can trust Him, even when it looks like nothing is happening to confirm your trust in Him. Trust Him anyway. He will come through for you. I know. Trusting the Lord is the key to your victorious life.