Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, February 01, 2010

God is My Rock, Part 3

There is a song that says: On Christ the solid rock I stand; all other ground is sinking sand. God is a solid, immovable part of our lives when we trust Him. There is nothing greater and stronger than God. Oh, many times the devil comes huffing and puffing with his lying spirit and aggressive actions to bluff us, but we are the ones with the power of God dwelling in us.

The unfortunate part of our relationship with God is that many have not learned how to allow that great, dynamite power of God which is inside them to operate on their behalf. I am reminded of 1 John 4:4 today from the Amplified Bible. I will personalize it for you. I am of God. I belong to God. I am His child, and I have already defeated and overcome the agents of antichrist because greater, mightier is He Who is in me than he who is in the world. Do you believe that today? Is that God’s Word? Yes, it is. His Word will not return unto Him void, empty, useless, without producing what it was sent forth to do (Isa. 55:1). We all must trust God and His Word. This is the greatest time of all times to trust His Word----that it works for us personally, in our lives. God is a personal God. He wants to take care of each one of us. He has the power and the ability to do that. He is our Rock.

Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV and Amplified Bible
He is the Rock; His work is perfect; for all His ways are law and justice – a God of truth and without iniquity – a God of faithfulness without breach or deviation – just and right is He.
Iniquity: moral evil, to distort (morally), perverseness, unjust(-ly), wicked(-ness), unrighteousness

2 Samuel 22:2-4 KJV and Amplified Bible
The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer.
The God of my Rock – in Him will I trust – in Him will I take refuge – He is my Shield – He is the horn (power) of my salvation (liberty, deliverance, prosperity, safety) – He is my High Tower (my Stronghold) – He is my Refuge – He is my Savior – He saves me from violence.
I call upon the Lord Who is worthy to be praised and I am saved from my enemies.

Think on and ponder this scripture particularly today for yourself personally. Your God is a Protector and Deliverer for you. You can trust Him and take refuge in Him. He will keep you from your enemies (enemy satan).