Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, February 05, 2010

God Is My Rock, Part 7

Only God is an immovable Truth. Everything else can change and move and be temporary, but not our God. He is ever steadfast and true to Himself. He is the Word of Truth. There is none beside Him. When we rest our confidence in Him, we are resting in a sure place, a place appointed by God for each one of His children. We will dwell in the strength and might of our God. He is our salvation, the One Who keeps us safe and delivers us and gives us the victory in life always.

Psalm 62:2,6-8
He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress – I shall not be greatly moved.
He only is my Rock and my Salvation – He is my Defense and my Fortress – I shall not be moved.
With God rests my salvation and my glory – He is my Rock of unyielding and impenetrable hardness and my refuge is in God.
Trust in, lean on, rely on and have confidence in Him at all times, you people – pour out your hearts before Him – God is a refuge for us, a fortress and a high tower.

We can trust God. We can pour out our hearts before Him, and He will be our hard rock, our place where there is no yielding to the pressures of the enemy. When we are in the Lord, we shall not be moved from our position of strength and victory.