Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, February 05, 2010

God Is My Rock, Part 6

As we continue with our study on God as our Rock, let’s remember that He is our refuge and shelter at all times, not just when we need Him. He is always with us, ever watching over us and our loved ones. He’s our protection. There is only one thing that will stop that protection----us. If we don’t believe He is our protection and refuge, if we doubt that He is our shelter, then our doubt and our fear and our unbelief stop Him. He has given us the power of choice. Every day we make choices concerning our relationship with our God. Sometimes the choices are made in the face of what seems like impossible situations. Nevertheless, we make the choice to believe our God.

Psalm 61:1-6
…Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me – a strong tower from the enemy.
I will dwell in Your tabernacle forever – let me find refuge and trust in the shelter of Your wings.
For You, O God, have heard my vows – You have given me the heritage of those who fear, revere and honor Your name.
May You prolong the true king’s life – adding days upon days – and may his years be to the last generation of this world and the generation of the world to come.

Forever, God is our Refuge!