Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

How Much Are You Worth?

I woke up this morning with a question presented to me.
How much are you worth?

I’m worth all that Heaven has. My Father gave His very best to rescue me from my enemy and the bondage in which he held me. The blood of Jesus was the best that Heaven had to offer, the most precious gift the Father had. Before I was ever conceived in my mother’s womb, my Heavenly Father had already formulated a plan to purchase my release from satan’s clutches.

I am rejoicing this morning because I am free, free from everything that satan would try to bind me with. What are the chains that he is trying to lock around you this day? I want to remind you that you are free, free from sickness and disease, free from lack, free from poverty, free from worries and cares, free from fear, free, free, free.

And you are probably thinking as you read that previous paragraph—yeh, right, I’m free alright. Kialeen, you don’t know what I am in the middle of. No, I don’t but Jesus does, and He has already made provision for your release from that mess. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the way out of that dark place. He will flash the light of His Presence on the way of escape. And you know what your flashlight is—the Word of God, which is called a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path. Get out that flashlight and use it.

Jesus paid the ultimate price for your freedom, but it is up to you to maintain it personally for yourself by keeping your mind renewed to the fact that you are free. Every second of every day you must remind yourself that you are free, even in the midst of the worst of circumstances.

Keep on and keep on and keep on because you have the fruit, the force of patience in you to overcome any obstacle of time that might be thrown in your way. And remember that patience is not, “I’ll hang on until I can’t hang anymore and then I’m done for.” No, patience is a force; it is that fruit of your reborn spirit, put there by the Holy Spirit of God, that is steadfast and consistently the same, regardless of how tough the situation. And what keeps that force of patience strong—the Word of God.

Yes, the Word! I always come back to the Word, don’t I. Is there anything else? Is there anything else that will maintain victory in your life, a life that Jesus purchased for you from satan. He redeemed you, released you, purchased you from satan’s pawnshop. Satan had you bound and Jesus set you free, as the song goes. You are free today. Remember the price that was paid for your freedom and don’t treat it lightly by your unbelief and fear. The blood of Jesus is overcoming blood that guarantees your victory every time.

Remember how much you are worth. You are worth everything to your Heavenly Father. He loves you with a love that is unquenchable. Nothing changes the way He loves you. You can commit the most heinous crime and that does not change His love for you. You can walk in total rebellion and He still does not stop loving you. That is how much He loves you. Are there consequences to rebellion, or committing crimes or any other thing that you do that is contrary to God’s Word? Of course, but His love never changes.

What you and I must do is respond to that love with our faith, confidence in our Heavenly Father, in Jesus, and in the Holy Spirit to move us into a place of love, acceptance and forgiveness. What a wonderful thing to know—you are a most valuable treasure of the greatest worth, a priceless gem in God’s heart. Yes, you are of great worth to Him and always will be. His life He laid down and His blood He shed was the demonstration of that great worth. You are free today because of that blood. Don’t ever take it lightly again.