Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

In His Presence Is Fullness Of Joy

In His Presence is fullness of joy. His Presence fills me with joy.

Today I want to talk about joy in God’s presence. That is the title listed in my Bible for Psalm 16. Psalm 16 is loaded with wonderful promises for you and me. As we stay in His Presence, we realize that these promises are from Him for us to enjoy-----protection, safety, strength, a rich heritage, His blessing, His counsel, His instruction, fullness of the God Life, which is a result of being in the presence of Love Himself. And from that fullness of His Presence and all that it brings to us, we overflow with joy unspeakable and full of glory (His glory).

In verse 1 we read in the Amplified Bible: Keep and protect me, O God, for in You I have found refuge, and in You do I put my trust and hide myself. Where have we heard that before? In Psalm 91: 1,2 we say: I dwell in the secret place of the Most High and remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty. His power no foe can stand against; His power no foe can withstand. Well, who is our foe? It is satan. He is our adversary, our enemy, our foe, the one who is against us. He cannot withstand the power of God. Satan has no power. He has been stripped of his power. The only way he obtains any power is what he borrows from us. He attempts to siphon our power for his benefit.

In verse 2 we are to say something, and when we say that something, the rest of Psalm 91 God does for us. I will say of the Lord: He is MY REFUGE, the place where I am safe and protected, my hiding place from all physical danger. He is MY FORTRESS, my place of strength, my defense against all human enemies. He is MY GOD. On Him I lean and rely. And in Him I confidently trust. What I am saying here is that God is my safe place, the place where I am protected, the place where I get my strength. I can rely on Him. I can completely trust Him to take care of me.

In Psalm 16:2 we say the same thing as we say in Psalm 91:2. I say to the Lord, You are my Lord; I have no good beside or beyond You.

In verse 5 of Psalm 16 we see that the Lord is the portion of my inheritance and of my cup. He maintains my lot, my destiny. He alone is my inheritance, my cup of blessing. He guards all that is mine. He determines my destiny and it is up to me to walk in it. He won’t make me walk in what He has designed for my life. I have a good heritage.

In verse 7 I will bless the Lord Who has given me counsel; yes my heart instructs me in the night season. In the night season wisdom comes to me (NEB).

In verse 8 I have set the Lord continually before me. Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

And here is the part we wanted to get to today. In verse 9, therefore, my heart is glad and I rejoice. My body is resting, and I am confidently dwelling in safety. Verse 11, He is showing me the path of life, His path of life, the path of His Life, of zoe life, the God-kind of life, which is the God-love kind of life. In His Presence is fullness of joy. At His right hand, which is where I am, are pleasures forevermore. According to Ephesians 1:20 Christ is seated at the right hand of the Father. And In Ephesians 2:6 we are told that the Father raised us up together with Him and made us sit down together with Him in heaven, giving us joint seating with Christ. Wow! That is something to meditate on the rest of the day and week and a lifetime. We are in the same place Jesus Christ is, and He is in the same place we are. Remember that verse 8 said that He is at our right hand.

So where does this put us? Right smack in the middle of the joy life. And He has already told us in Nehemiah 8:10 that the joy of the Lord, His joy, is our strength. His joy is our sustenance. His joy is our sustaining force in life. His joy keeps us when nothing else will. Joy is a force of the fruit of the spirit that propels us into the fullness of God. Let’s talk some more about that force tomorrow.