Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, June 04, 2007

The Rock

A sermon by a guest minister at our church on Sunday triggered this Pearls of Wisdom today.

Let’s talk about The Rock.

In Deuteronomy 32:4 in the Amplified Bible we read:
He is the Rock, his work is perfect, for his ways are law and justice. A God of faithfulness without breach or deviation, just and right is He.
Then in the New Testament in 1 Corinthians 10:4 in the Amplified Bible we read (regarding the Israelites):
And they all drank the same spiritual (supernaturally given) drink. For they drank from a spiritual Rock which followed them [produced by the sole power of God Himself without natural instrumentality], and the Rock was Christ.

From both the Old Testament and the New Testament we see that God Himself, The Anointed One with His anointing is our foundation. He is our stability. He is our stabilizer. He is our place of unshakeable power when all around us is being shaken. When sickness and disease attempt to attack our bodies, when lack and want try to take over our finances, when strife and division try to slide into our relationships, when fear speaks in a loud voice that we are not going to make it, God Himself assures us that through the strength of His power, we will be victorious. We are overcomers in this world through Him. Remember that we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony.

A rock is immovable. It is set in place. A big rock is there to stay. God is definitely our Big Rock.

One of the things we must realize when we are talking about The Rock is that The Rock, God, is also called the Word. In John 1 we read that in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. God is the Rock. God is the Word. And I might add that God is Love. The power of the universe Himself is love. So why do you think his command, his order is that we love one another as He has loved us. It is because the whole thrust of our lives depends on Him. And if we are not walking in love, we are not walking in Him. And we are out there in this world of the curse of the law with all of its sin, poverty, lack, want, doubt, unbelief, sickness and disease. I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I choose that kind of life. I am choosing to love, regardless of how I feel toward someone or how badly they have treated me. I choose love because when I choose love I choose God. And when I choose God, I choose His power to be operating on my behalf. His power is what makes way for health, happiness, well-being, prosperity, wealth, good relationships, Godly marriages and a life worth living.

Let’s look at other scriptures on The Rock.
In Psalm 18:2 Amplified Bible we read that The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer, my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, My High Tower.
A horn is a symbol of strength. This is an excellent scripture to confess over yourself and your family. We see over and over in this scripture the Strength of the Lord. He is the Strong One Who takes care of us (if we will only allow Him to do so). Remember that He is a Mighty God.

In Psalm 92:15 we see that the Lord is upright and faithful to His Promises. He is our Rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him. .

In Psalm 31:3 and 71:3 we see that God is our Refuge and Fortress, where we dwell, a shelter for us, a Stronghold for us, our Rock, where we can go for safety, security, salvation, deliverance. He is our place of protection from the enemy.

There are so many scriptures on The Rock. Do a word study for yourself. There are some good confessions in these scriptures for us in our everyday life and for us when we are in a tough place. Look to the Rock, Who is higher than you are.