Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Psalm 91 Study, Part 11

As we continue our study of Psalm 91, we look at verses 14-16 in the Amplified Bible and finish our study.

Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness----trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
He shall call upon Me and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation. I always add for myself here----“salvation in every area of my life. In my pathway is life and there is no death.”

When I focus on Jesus, when I focus my eyes on Him and not my circumstances, not the way things look in the natural all around me, then there is a place where I stand that nothing causes me to lose that focus. And what happens when I focus my eyes on Jesus? I am focusing on Love Himself Who never fails. He is the One Who delivers me and sets me free from the thing that hinders me, that holds me back, that keeps me from fulfilling what God has for me.

When I know and understand the name of the Lord----the name at which every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord, the name that is above every other name----when I understand the name of the Lord, He will set me on high. Understanding His name gives me a personal knowledge of His mercy, of His love, of His kindness, of His nature, of God Himself, Love Himself. When I know Him, I trust Him and rely on Him. I know He will never forsake me. He will never leave me. He is always right there with me, regardless of what is going on around me. He is there!

Remember that the name of the Lord is a strong tower and we as His righteous ones run into Him as our tower and we are safe, set high above, set aloft from that which would try to harm us. Nothing can harm us, nothing can hurt us when we truly know the name of the Lord. He is our strong tower. Psalm 61:3 tells us that the Lord is our strong tower against the adversary. Who is our adversary? Satan is our adversary, our enemy. God wants to place us in the tower of Himself through His name, where we are set high above anything that the enemy would bring against us.

When I call upon the Lord, He will answer me. He hears me when I call and He answers me. He does not turn a deaf ear to my call. His ears are ever tuned to the voice of His Word. His ear ever hears His Word and responds to His Word. His ear is not tuned to words of doubting and unbelief or fear and anger and frustration and offense and bitterness and strife. He cannot listen to those things. His ears are not equipped to hear these fleshly responses.

He will be with me in trouble. He will deliver me. He will honor me. What promises these verses hold for me. They are powerful.

The Lord will satisfy me with long life. There is a path of life that the Lord has for each one of us that will be to us a place of long life. In Psalm 16:11 we read that He will show us the path of life; in His presence there is fullness of joy; at His right hand there are pleasures forever more. When we are in God’s presence, we are in the presence of Life Himself. He keeps us living a long and strong life.

He will show me His salvation. Salvation means deliverance and freedom and security and prosperity and health and happiness and wholeness in every area of our lives. In Psalm 18:19 we read that God brings us forth into a large place; he delivers us because He delights in us, because He loves us. He wants the very best for us at all times. What a God we serve!

There is much that the Lord has planned for all of us. Our destiny is held in the palm of His hand. All we have to do is trust Him to do what He says He will do. And that is not just for your neighbor or some preacher standing in a crusade or in a big meeting. These promises are for everyone who will accept Jesus as their Savior and believe Him and take Him at His Word.

What an honor we have and what a great life we have available to us when we love the Lord and believe what He tells us to be true in our lives.

Make it a plan every day to confess Psalm 91 over you and your loved ones and friends and the people who serve our country in the armed forces. Everything we will need is spoken in this psalm. Every day I see new things I did not see before as I speak the words of this psalm. In my Bible the title above the psalm is this: The security for the godly. This phrase is certainly true. Here is our security system and it doesn’t cost us anything, but it cost God everything. It is a free gift to us. Let’s take what He has given to us.