Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Wait Before The Lord

Do you know that the Lord waits for us to come and sit in His Presence? Why would He do that? He does it because He wants to talk with us and enjoy our time together. He loves to hear about our life as we talk with Him. Yes, even though He knows the end from the beginning, He enjoys talking with us. He loves to be with us. When we take time to be with Him and not only talk but listen to Him, there is an infilling of His life into our life. He is Life itself, and in His Life is His Love and His Light.

He is our God and there is none before Him.

In Psalm 62:5-7 in the New Living Translation we read:
I wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.

Look at the beauty of these verses.
We wait quietly before the Lord. Why do we do that? Our hope is in Him. Bible hope is white hot expectancy with an outstretched neck. It is not a “well, I hope so” attitude. It is a knowing from the Word of God that we have hope which is the basis for the substance of faith to operate upon. Without hope, there cannot be faith. Hope is the preamble of faith.

God is the only One Who is my rock, the solid part of my life. A rock does not break; it stands strong. He is my rock where no enemy can reach me. I hide in Him Who is my rock. He is my strong refuge. Remember that refuge is the place where I am safe and protected. It is my hiding place from all physical danger. God is my refuge. Say this with me: GOD IS MY REFUGE. GOD IS MY ROCK. GOD IS MY PROTECTION. HE IS MY STRENGTH.

God is the only One Who is my salvation, and we have learned that salvation is all encompassing. Let’s look at that word again. Salvation here is yesha, which means: liberty, deliverance, prosperity: --safety, salvation, saving. It comes from yasha, which means to be open, wide or free, i.e. by implication to be safe. I see here that the essence of this word is freedom, defense, deliverance, help, preservation safety, victory. What a powerful word! God is our victory. He is our freedom. He is our deliverer. He is our help. He is our preservation. He is our safety. He is our defense.

What a God we serve! Say: That’s me. I am in full agreement with God and His Word. He is all these things for me. Say this whether you feel like it or not, whether it looks like it is working for you or not. Say it when you feel good and say it when you feel bad. Say it when it looks like it is working and say it when it looks like it is not working. God’s Word works for whosoever will put it to work. You and I qualify as a whosoever. Put His Word to work in your life.

God alone is my fortress. In the King James Version this verse says that He is my defense; I shall not be moved. That is a powerful statement as it is written in the King James Version. You see here that because is the One Who is your fortress, your defense, you shall not be moved. A fortress is a place of strength, a stronghold, something that holds strong, even in the face of attack. God is our stronghold, our place of strength, our fortress, our defense. We shall not be moved away from Him. Why? If we move away from Him, we move away from strength and help and deliverance.

My salvation and my honor come from God alone. God is my salvation. God is my glory. He is the rock of my strength. My refuge is in God. I trust in Him at all times. God is a refuge for me.

Isaiah 40:31a New Living Translation
Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength.