Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Protection

This weekend I was studying Psalm 91 in the New Living Translation. Out of that study has come our pearls for today on protection.

Psalm 91:4 NLT
…His faithful promises are my armor and protection.

God’s Word is a protection for us from the wiles of the enemy. He Who is the Word protects us at all times. We have His Word as our armor against the fiery darts of the enemy to our minds and the actual assault to our bodies or our goods. God’s Word never fails because He Who is the Word is Agape Love and Agape Love never fails.

Psalm 91:9-11 NLT
I make the Lord my refuge.
I make the Most High my shelter.
No plague will come near my dwelling.
No evil will conquer me.
He orders His angels to protect me wherever I go.

Whatever you find in the Word of God, say: That’s me. That’s mine.
So for the above verses, we can say: I am protected. The angels are under orders to protect me wherever I go. No evil of the enemy’s will overcome me, conquer me. No sickness or disease or plague or flu will come near my dwelling. They can’t cross the blood line which I have drawn with the precious blood of Jesus. He shed His blood for my freedom from plagues and danger.

Psalm 91:14 NLT
The Lord says He rescues me who loves Him.
He protects me who trusts in His name.

What a promise! The Lord rescues us from danger. He protects us from danger, harm, calamity of any kind.

Psalm 142:5 NLT
I pray to You Lord and say: You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.

Praise God! We can say that the Lord is our refuge, our shelter, our protection, our safety. He is all we really want in life. What more is needed when we have the Lord. He is everything to us and for us.

Psalm 125:2 NLT
Just as the mountains surround and protect Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds and protects His people, both now and forever.

We are God’s people and He protects us. He surrounds us with protection wherever we go and whatever we do.

There is a key to this protection. We must obey Him. We must be used to hearing His voice so that if He tells us not to do something or to go here or to go there, we will do it without hesitation because we know His voice. We have been used to hearing His voice because we spend time with Him. And we have learned to obey Him instantly, without hesitation. This could mean the difference between our life and death in the world in which we live.

The Lord is our Refuge and Fortress. He is our God, on Whom we lean and rely and in Whom we confidently trust. His power no foe can withstand. He alone is our High Tower. We run into His name and we am set high above the evils of this world. We run to Him, and He is waiting with arms of love and protection.