Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Refuge - Fortress

In Psalm 91 we will say of the Lord: He is my Refuge. He is my Fortress.
What we are declaring when we say that is that He is our place of protection; He is our place of strength, our stronghold. In Him we are safe; in Him we are held in His place of strength, of power. We know that a stronghold is that which has been built up to withstand the enemy. It is not easily broken. Of course, we know that God is not someone who can ever be broken. He is whole, complete, perfect forever. He is our stronghold forever.

Let’s look at scriptures that we can confess over ourselves and others concerning God’s Stronghold.


Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold.
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my Light and my Salvation---whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life---of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give unyielding and impenetrable strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.
Psalm 46:1 God is our Refuge and Strength….
Psalm 81:1 Sing aloud to God our Strength!...
Psalm 73:26 …God is the Rock and firm Strength of my heart….
Psalm 93:1,2 The Lord reigns---He is clothed with majesty. The Lord is robed---He has girded Himself with strength and power. The world also is established that it cannot be moved. Your throne is established from of old. You are from everlasting.
Psalm 96:6 Honor and majesty are before Him; strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
Psalm 59:9 …God is my Defense, my Protector and High Tower.
Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my High Tower.
Psalm 28:7,8 The Lord is my Strength and impenetrable Shield; my heart trusts in, relies on and confidently leans on Him, and I am helped; therefore, my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him. The Lord is my unyielding Strength and He is the Stronghold of salvation to me, His anointed.
Psalm 62:7 With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God.
Habakkuk 3:19 The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery and my invincible army….

Aren’t these verses encouraging to us? Do you see the total care that God has for you? He is your strong and mighty Father, watching over you all the time. He is your Strength when you are weak. He holds you up when you seem like you can’t make it. He is everything you will ever need in any situation of life that you will ever encounter. Take these scriptures and declare them over your life. He is your Protector; He is your Strength. Nothing can penetrate Him as your Strength. All has to bow to the One Who is the Strength of your life. Rejoice in Him. Trust in Him. Rely on Him. Lean on Him. When you lean on Him, you are leaning on Strength.