Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Righteous

I love the last four verses of Psalm 92 in the Amplified Bible. They describe us as God’s uncompromisingly righteous ones.

Let’s make this our confession today.

I as the uncompromisingly righteous shall flourish like the palm tree.
I shall be long lived, stately, upright, useful and fruitful.
I shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
I am majestic, stable, durable, and incorruptible.

I am planted in the house of the Lord.
I flourish in the courts of my God.

I grow in grace.
I shall bring forth fruit in old age.
I shall be full of sap, of spiritual vitality.
I shall be rich in verdure (the vigorous, growing condition) of trust, love and contentment.

I am a living memorial to show that the Lord is upright and faithful to His promises.
He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

What a beautiful confession to make over our lives. I see as I grow older that I shall be full of spiritual vitality, vigorous and growing in trusting God, full of His love and contentment. What statements of Truth these are from God’s Word. We shall grow in grace. We flourish in God. We live long. We are useful and bear fruit. We are stable and durable and incorruptible with the incorruptible seed of the Word of God.

Let’s top it off today with verse 10 in this Psalm.
My horn, emblem of excessive strength and stately grace, You have exalted like that of a wild ox; I am anointed with fresh oil.