Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Our Inheritance

We are going to read verses 5-11 in Psalm 16 from the Amplified Bible and NEB and NLT.

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance, my destiny. The Lord is my chosen and assigned portion, my cup; You hold and maintain my lot. You determine my destiny. You alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; yes, I have a good heritage.
I will bless the Lord, Who has given me counsel; yes, my heart instructs me in the night seasons. In the night season wisdom comes to me.
I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore, my heart is glad and my glory [my inner self] rejoices; my body too shall rest and confidently dwell in safety.
For You will not abandon me to Sheol (the place of the dead), neither will You suffer Your holy one [Holy One] to see corruption.
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

These scriptures are talking about the joy we can experience in the Lord’s Presence and the benefits of being in His Presence. We have a good heritage; He determines our destiny. We can rely on Him. He is our Blessing. He guards our stuff. He counsels us. He instructs us even when we sleep. His wisdom comes to us as we sleep. He keeps us steadfast, unmovable because he is not moved. He shows us the one true path of life. In that pathway is fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore.