Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Rewards Of Kindness

Today was a day of the reality of the “rewards-of-kindness” day for me. As I left the house early this morning, I had a full day of shopping planned. I had a choice of either looking at it as an insurmountable amount of stuff I had to do or to place the day in God’s hands. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide my entire day in what I said, did and thought. I asked for favor in parking lots, at cash registers and in the stores. I believed I received the results of those prayers prayed.

It has been an awesome day. At the first store there were huge crowds, but I stayed focused on the Lord and He guided me down every aisle at the right time. In one of the aisles, I stopped and talked with a store employee about the blessing of the Lord that He has available for each one of us. I could see her eyes take on a spark of enthusiasm. As I was walking down the next aisle, a lady and I started talking and she gave me an idea for purchasing something I needed at a minimum of the price I would have paid. Reward!

Next stop, I had an opportunity to talk with the girl at the cash register because there were no other people around. I shared the love of Jesus with her and went out the door. As I was going to my car, I had an idea for something else I needed and “just happened” to see a sale basket with the very thing I needed at 70 per cent off the original price. Reward!

Next stop, I talked with the sales clerk and complimented her on her dress for the day. I “unexpectedly” found a blouse to match a pair of capris I had bought on sale. This blouse was the only one on the rack in my size for 75 per cent off. I also found an item that I had needed, which was also on sale. Reward!

Next stop, and this is the most exciting one of all, or at least I think so. Well, there was one that almost matched it later in the day. For several weeks, I have been looking for an item that no store carries in my area. You guessed it. They had just gotten this item in, moments before I arrived at the store, and they have never carried them before. They were still in boxes on the cart, ready to be placed on the shelves later. The clerk gave me one of the boxes I needed. I couldn’t help myself. I looked up and said, “Thank You, Father. You are so good to me.” And then I had an opportunity to tell her that she could have the same wonderful relationship with the Lord. It was about sowing seeds of kindness. Reward!

Next stop, I had the most delightful conversation with an elderly lady who was 85 years old. It happened because I waited for her at the door and told her to have a good day. We stopped and chatted for several moments. She couldn’t believe someone would be interested in an older lady. We parted with words of kindness for one another for the weekend. I so enjoyed talking with her.

Of course, you know what happened. I had favor everywhere I went in that store, the final stop of the day. A clerk went out of her way to reserve something for me to be picked up several days later. I found exactly what I wanted, with a few surprises here and there. Reward!

What a totally delicious day, and all because I purposed to sow seeds of kindness everywhere I went.

I was blessed and God used me to cause others to feel better about themselves, all because He was allowed to smile through me, talk through me and act through me.

All of us have these wonderful opportunities every day to bless others. What we must do is not be in such a hurry to get things done that we miss the best that life has to offer. There is no price tag on kindness, and it doesn’t cost you a lot of time to smile, take a few moments to bless someone and go on your way. Jesus loves to do that, and we are his mouthpieces, hands and feet in this earth.

Sow some seeds of kindness today.