Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, July 21, 2008

How Did You Start Your Day?

As I got out of bed this morning, this very precisely worded thought marched across the screen of my mind: How will you start your day? There are all kinds of possibilities here. You and I can start our day dreading what the day may hold or we can start our day, looking forward to what God has in store for us. We can start our day with an agenda a mile long that we just “have to” complete or we can dedicate the day to the Spirit of God for His leading, His guidance, His direction. We can start the day grumpy or we can start the day with a cheerful attitude. It is all about choice, isn’t it? We human beings have choices we can make every day. And the biggest choice is the one we make about our day.

We are instructed in the Word of God to rejoice. This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. That is a definite command. The Lord has made this day. Therefore, I WILL rejoice and I WILL be glad in this day. Why? Because the Lord has made this day especially for me to enjoy and to have life more abundantly. I hear some of you saying: But I don’t have an abundant life. I need money to pay my bills. I need healing for my body. I need a “fix” for my marriage. I need a “fix” for my children.

I have come to realize that all my needs that I have, must be given to the Lord as I get up each day. I am to cast the whole of my cares, worries and concerns on Him, for He cares for me. God is the One Who wants to take care of me. Even when things “look” the worst, I am to look to Him and believe that He will bring me through.

Perhaps you feel that you have messed up royally and there is no hope in your situation. Not true. With God all things are possible, and that is not just a cute phrase. It is a truth written in the Word of God for our encouragement and development in faith, in believing, in trusting. The hardest time to trust is when everything looks like it is “going down the tube.” But, you know, that is the time that faith does its best work. But we still need faith all the time; the just (that’s you and me) shall live by faith.

With the Christian, the child of God, faith is not an option. We cannot live without faith. If you are disgusted or upset with the way things are going in your life, don’t give up faith. It is the glue that holds together all that God has given you. He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness. Jesus died so that we could have all that heaven has. The Holy Spirit is here to show us how to receive all that belongs to us. It is up to us to make the choice to “go for it.” And because we have an enemy, it is his one goal in life to keep away from us all that God has given to us. He attempts to achieve that by discouragement, offense, unforgiveness, bitterness, strife, disappointment, accusations, unworthiness, selfishness, etc. Every one of these negative emotions are contrary to God’s attitude and nature. When we buy in to them, we are taking on satan’s attitudes. I know that I don’t want to hear this, but it is true. God has a nature, and satan has a nature. Out of these natures come attitudes and lifestyles. We see it in the world all the time. But we have to admit that we see it in our church world more than any of us would desire.

So, today, how did you get up? If it was bright and cheery (even if you didn’t feel like it), then you are off to the right start. If it was dismal and gloomy, then you need to repent and ask the Holy Spirit to help you today. He is right here for each one of us. This is His day. It is a gift of life to each of us. We either do with it what we want or we dedicate it to the Lord and let Him do with it what He wants.

Encourage yourself in the Word of God today.

Psalm 138:1,2,3,7,8 Amplified Bible

I WILL CONFESS AND PRAISE YOU [O GOD] WITH MY WHOLE HEART; before the gods will I sing praises to You.
I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your faith and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your Word above all Your name!
In the day when I called, You answered me; and YOU STRENGTHENED ME WITH STRENGTH (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; YOU STRETCH FORTH YOUR HAND against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.
THE LORD WILL PERFECT THAT WHICH CONCERNS ME; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever-----forsake not the works of Your own hands.