Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, July 07, 2008

Love Power

As I was meditating on Ephesians 3:16-21 several days ago, I saw that the whole passage is talking about the power of God, which is, of course, love. God is Love. In God, Love, is His power. This is all that God is.

I know we know this passage, but let’s speak it together. I use the Amplified Version to confess this scripture passage. Actually, let’s begin with verse 14

For this reason [seeing the greatness of this plan by which you are built together in Christ], I bow my knees before the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For Whom every family in heaven and on earth is named [that Father from Whom all fatherhood takes its title and derives its name].

May he grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in the inner man by the [Holy] Spirit [Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality].

May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in you hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.

That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God’s devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];

[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!

Now to Him Who by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]-----
To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).

Now, let’s take those verses and put them into the context of Love Power. Let’s personalize it for ourselves.

I am strengthened with mighty power in my spirit because the Holy Spirit is in me. His indwelling Presence roots me deeply in His Love. I am securely found in His Love, knowing the length, height, breadth and depth of it, filled and flooded with Love Himself, His Presence. His Presence within me is at work to carry out His purpose for me. The action of His power—Love power—causes me to do superabundantly, far over and above what I dare ask, or think, infinitely beyond all my highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams.

I can assure you that if all of us will dwell on these scriptures for the next 30 days, it will transform our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and with others.

How about it? Are you willing to give it a try?

Love----therein is the hiding place of God’s power. Everything in God’s Kingdom works by His Love power.