Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Freedom

Today is freedom celebration for my country. As I reflect on the freedom that I have (yes, we still do have much freedom here), I think of the sacrifices that people have made for this freedom. They have laid down their lives so that people like you and me can walk in freedom. What price is freedom?

As I ponder freedom in my country today, I must stop and consider the freedom that I have as a citizen of Heaven because Jesus paid the ultimate price for me. I am free of satan’s hold on me and all that his realm represents. I am free of sickness and disease. I am free of sin. I am free of lack. I am free.

Even though that freedom has been bought for me, I have to receive it; I have to appropriate it in my own life. I have to maintain a vigilance against the enemy that he doesn’t sneak in and attempt to take back territory that has been won. We have to do that in the natural realm and we have to do it in the spiritual realm.

We have an enemy, and he has one purpose. He has come to steal, kill and destroy. He is looking for ways to steal your peace, steal your joy, steal your finances, steal your marriage, steal your children, steal your health. He walks about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. He has destruction on his mind.

But there is my Savior. He has life on His mind. He has come and purchased freedom for me. How did He purchase that freedom? He purchased my freedom with His own blood being shed and by taking my place as my substitute. He went to the cross for me, so that I could be free. He purchased health for my body, righteousness for my spirit, peace for my soul. In other words, He purchased total prosperity for me. Now this is a freedom I can shout about.

We are told that we will know the truth and the knowledge of that truth will set us free. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He is the Truth. He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. As we read His Word, meditate His Word, consider His Word, worship Him, we see the vastness of the freedom He has purchased for us. Everything we will ever need has already been purchased for us. That is a big deal. Wow! Everything! Obviously, most people have not grasped that truth yet or we as God’s children would be turning this world upside down. There are those of this new generation who are doing just that right now.

Those who are free are no longer bound. I have been giving the Lord complete access to my life to reveal any bondages that I am in. He is doing just that. I tell you that you will never be the same once you give Him complete access to the very inner chambers of your heart. It is a beautiful, but humbling experience where you are reduced to total dependence on Him and increased to total freedom in Him. It is a way of living that is exhilarating and rejuvenating, so full of life that you are in awe that you can contain it all.

In Hebrews 2:14,15 we are told that Jesus Christ took on flesh and blood that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death (satan) and deliver us from the fear of death who were all our lifetime subject to bondage.

Jesus has set us free from bondage. In Romans 8:15 we are told that we have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear. We have been delivered. In Galatians 5:1 we are told to hold fast to the liberty wherewith Christ has made us completely free, and we are not to be entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Bondage is a yoke that chokes us to death. It will choke the very life out of us. Jesus is life. Satan is death. I choose life and freedom. How about you?