Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Please, Please, Please, Or Thank You

I woke up this morning with these words ringing in my ears: Please, please, please or thank you.

Have you ever heard a small child pestering their parents and saying over and over, oh please, daddy, please, will you get that for me. And after a while it gets old and annoying. Sometimes God’s children do that to Him. Oh, please, Father, will you come and heal me. Oh, please, Father, will you provide the money to pay this bill. Oh, please, Father, will you take care of my children. It becomes a statement of doubt and unbelief.

We have a dear, loving, kind and faithful Heavenly Father Who has already provided for us everything that we need while we complete our work here on this earth. Through His Son Jesus He has already provided forgiveness of our sins. He has provided healing for our bodies. He has provided prosperity for every area of our lives. He has provided the answers to all our problems. It has already been done; it has already been provided. All that we will ever need or even want, for that matter, is ours. It is a gift. And what are we to say to someone for a gift provided: Thank you.

When sickness and disease hit our bodies, we are to say thank You, Father, for providing healing for me. Thank You, Jesus, for making it possible for me to live in divine health. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for showing me how to reach out and receive health for my body. Thank You, Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit for providing for every one of my needs according to Your riches in glory. Thank You, for the wisdom You have given me to solve these problems that face me today. Thank, You, Lord for my life and all that you have given me.

I find it very interesting that everything comes from God by faith, confidence in Him and His provision. I see faith in a different light this morning. Faith is about loving someone enough to trust them completely. Faith is basically saying to someone that I know that you love me so much that you have my best interest in your heart and will do all that is necessary to take care of me. Wow! That puts faith in a whole different light, doesn’t it! Faith is saying to our Heavenly Father that we truly believe that He loves us enough to “come through for us” and “make good” on His promises to us to bring His provision to us.

It is absolutely astounding to me that all that I will ever need has already been taken care of. It has already been set aside for me. Our human minds find it hard to comprehend something like that, but our spirits can absorb that fact in an instant. It is by the Holy Spirit that we are able to believe, and God has provided His Word written down for us, that He might convince us that He truly has all the provision we will ever need. All we have to do is open the Bible and read His promises to us. They are true. They are for each one of us.

I know the question that is in your minds right now, just like the question I had for years. Then why is it so hard to receive and get the provision for myself? Here is the answer I believe the Lord shared with me a number of years ago. There is so much here in this world that convinces us that we have to do it ourselves, that we are “weird” and “irresponsible” if we totally depend on God. We hear such phrases as “you have to do something for yourself” or “do you just think it going to drop out of the sky.” And instead of taking God at His Word, we attempt to fix it ourselves, and get nothing as a consequence except disappointment, discouragement and yes, anger, if we were to truly admit it.

Today, I know the Lord is saying to each one of us: Trust Me. I have provided everything for you through my Son Jesus. Just accept it and say, Thank You. Thank You activates God’s power to go to work in your life. That is the reason that many times we receive when we are in an atmosphere of praise and worship. In essence, we are saying thank You, Lord. I love You so much, and He is saying back to us: I love You, my child.

We truly can trust Him.