Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, July 14, 2008

His Banner Over Me Is Love

This week as I read Song of Songs or Song of Solomon, depending on what Bible you are reading, once again I was reminded of the intense love that God has for me. He loves me unconditionally with an everlasting love that never changes, never alters. His love for me is the same yesterday, today and forever. Regardless of my state of mind or my actions, I can depend on His love being there, steadfastly surrounding me and encouraging me. God is Love and all that He is comes out of that place. There is nothing else in Him but love.

Let’s take this a step further. If you are born again, Who lives in you? God Almighty lives in you by the power of His Holy Spirit. He is in each of us. Soooooooo, God lives in us; God is Love; Love lives in us. Since God, Love, lives within us, then we should be acting like God. Right? So why aren’t we? There is this thing called flesh, which is our nature without God’s guidance. We have been given a will, which gives us the right and the ability to make choices. Even though we are born again, if we choose to be angry (flesh), bitter (flesh), resentful (flesh), envious (flesh), jealous (flesh), doubtful (flesh), fearful (flesh), etc, we are not yielding to God, Love, Who dwells within us. We must make the choice to yield to peace, joy, faith, etc., in other words, the fruit of the Spirit of God who dwells in our spirit. Is it always easy when someone is in your face or has betrayed you or lied to you or stolen from you? No, the flesh wants to get even, be the one who has the last word. But Love does not get even or have the last word. Love forgives, chooses to forget, and acts as if nothing has happened that is wrong. I don’t know about you, but my flesh doesn’t like that. My spirit loves it. That’s why I must continually yield to my spirit where the Holy Spirit dwells. He keeps me walking in Him, in Love.

I have two scriptures today that we all can meditate on. They are beautiful.

One is from the Song of Solomon 2:4 Amplified Bible.
He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near Him].

Isn’t that a powerful scripture! Love is a shelter for me, a covering. Love protects me. Love comforts me. Here is a clue to Love protecting and comforting me. His love waves as a banner over my head when I am near Him.

I think of Psalm 23 where we are told that the Lord prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies. What is a banqueting house but a place where there is food for us, spread out in a bountiful way. Our Lord has a bountiful banquet for us. The food is His Word. It is spread before us. All we have to do is come and dine, eat of His Word. In fact in one of the prophetic books of the Bible, Jeremiah, in chapter 15, verse 16 we read these words:

Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart; for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.

Here is the other scripture we can meditate on today.
1 John 4:16
…I put faith in and rely on the love God cherishes for me. God is love. I dwell and continue in love. I dwell and continue in God and God in me.

God loves us. God cherishes us. God is love. Love dwells in us. Love is our protection. Love is our comfort.

Here is a confession we can make today as we confess our two love scriptures. Remember that confess means to come into agreement with. We are coming into agreement with God every time we speak His Word.

I listen carefully and diligently to the voice of the Lord my God, the Holy Spirit. The Word of God is the substance of my voice. I give voice to His Word and the Holy Spirit applies His power to that Word for it to come about. Giving voice to His Word releases the power of God, the Holy Spirit of God, to bring about the substance of His word on earth.

JESUS LOVES YOU! Give voice to that. It will transform your life like nothing else.