Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Counsel

One of the things God is called is the God of Counsel. To me counsel represents the wisdom of God. The Holy Spirit is called our Counselor. God has such excellent counsel for us, and He is always there to point us in the right direction. What a wonderful God we have. In the world today we have an abundance of human counselors. There is a counselor for this and that and the other. The Word of God is our greatest counsel. Unfortunately, most people turn to that as their last resort and thus the need for human counselors.

Let’s look at some excellent scriptures concerning counsel from the Lord.

Psalm 25:4,5 New Living Translation and Amplified Bible
Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by, guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God Who saves me, my Savior.

NEB
Make Your paths known to me, O Lord, teach me Your ways.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me. You are God my Savior.

Psalm 16:7
I will bless the Lord Who has given me counsel.
My heart instructs me in the night seasons.

Psalm 32:8 Amplified and Psalm 33:11
The Lord is instructing me and teaching me in the way I should go.
He is counseling me with His eye upon me.
The counsel of the Lord stands forever.

New Living Translation
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.”

Aren’t these good scriptures? If we would meditate on these few scriptures, we will know the way the Lord is leading us. We will know what to do in situations in our lives.

All of these scriptures together say that the Lord will teach us, make known His paths to us, lead us in His Truth, instruct us, counsel us and guide us along the best pathway for our lives. We must trust Him to do this very thing. We must have confidence in His ability to lead us and to show us what to do and what to say and how to handle situations in our lives when they come up. No more wondering what is the best way. The Holy Spirit of God will show us the best way.

Look to the Lord. He will never give bad advice or steer you in the wrong direction.