Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jesus, The Cross, and Me

Today I have been thinking about what Jesus did for me at the cross. If He had not embraced the cross, I would not have the opportunity to be reconciled to my Father God. Healing would not be a possibility for me. Joy in the union with Jesus would not be happening. I would have nothing except what I could do myself, and that is so limiting. It is a struggle to accomplish goals in our own fleshly selves. There is sweat and work in unbelievable dimensions. It’s all hard. But with Jesus, life can become a pleasure, regardless of what goes on in our world. He always has the answer. He has provided the means to come out of any situation in which we find ourselves.

I woke up several days ago with the chorus to an old hymn going through my mind—“in the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever.” Those few words kept going over and over in my mind. We are to glory in the cross of Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Because of what Jesus did on the cross and afterwards, we are free to worship God and enjoy being His children, with all the benefits of the Kingdom of God.

Because of the cross, I can make it through anything. I have the victory before I even encounter problems. Why is that? Jesus has already obtained the victory for me. He has already obtained the solution for me. He has already provided the means for overcoming challenges. He has made the provision. He has not only made provision for coming out of problems. He has also made provision for a life of joy and happiness and abundant living. He has provided a life of peace, which is wholeness in every area of life. He has made me righteous so that I can enjoy relationship with my Father God. He has given me so much. What a life I can live.

I want you to stop and think about what you have today because of what Jesus did. What an awesome array of benefits Jesus has made available for all of us! Read the book, the Word of God, with new insight. See once again for yourself what you have in Jesus. I am taking a new look at what he has provided for me. I am determined to receive all that God has made available for me to enjoy. I am determined to learn how to receive the maximum benefit. Are you?