Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Show Me Your Ways

I have been camping most of the day in Psalms 25:4,5. What a set of verses to dwell upon, particularly if you are in a place in your life where you need direction. Confess and meditate on these two verses until you know that you know what God wants to do for you.

“Show me Your ways, O Lord.
Teach me Your paths.
Lead or guide me in Your Truth and teach me, for You are My Savior, the God of my salvation.
My hope is in You all the day long.”

I did some research in the Strong’s Concordance and my Hebrew-Greek Study Bible, and this is what I have outlined as the total intensity of these verses. Again, I remind you to confess them and meditate on them.

Show me and make me intimately know Your ways, O Lord. Reveal to me Your course of life and Your mode of action.
Teach me (train and educate me) in Your way of life.
Lead me and guide me in Your Word of Truth, which is firm and stable, based on Your faithfulness, O God.
Teach me (train and educate me) for You are my Savior, the God of my salvation (deliverance, freedom, liberty, prosperity, safety, help, victory). You defend me, preserve me, and free me into Your large place. I have plenty of room to move without feeling cramped. In You I am safe and secure.
My hope is in You all day long (always, forever).
I wait expectantly for You, for the coming of Your goodness.

I love God’s Word. Aren’t these verses rich!

God wants us to know Him and know His ways. He wants to lead us in the right path. He wants to point us in the direction of following the right road. He wants us to know the truth of His Word. He wants to be involved in our lives and not just sitting on the sidelines observing us “doing it my way.” Oh, today, let Him become your everything. You will never regret it.

Show me Your ways, O Lord. I am ready!