Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Joy Strength

Do you need strength today? Rejoice in the Lord. As Paul said in Philippians 4:4: “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.” Nehemiah 8:10, Amplified Bible : “…And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.”

In John 15:11 Jesus spoke these words to His disciples then and to us now: “These things have I spoken to you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” What had Jesus just spoken to His disciples? Abide in Me and let my words abide in you. My word will keep you clean and you will bear much fruit, that My Father may be glorified. Continue in My love. If you keep My commandments (My Word), you abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father’s commandments (Word) and abide in His love. We can rejoice because God’s Love has been shed abroad in our hearts that we may abide in His love. This brings fullness of joy to fruition in us.

Listen to what Jesus spoke in John 17:13 (Amplified Bible) about our joy. He is talking to His Father about His return to Him after He is resurrected. Put on your spiritual catchers and listen carefully: “And now I am coming to You; I say these things while I am still in the world, so that My joy may be made full and complete and perfect in them [that they may experience My delight fulfilled in them, that My enjoyment may be perfected in their own souls, that they may have My gladness within them, filling their hearts.” Jesus never spoke idle words. If He said it, then it is so!

Hear what the Apostle Peter said in 1 Peter 1:3-5. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fades not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. The Amplified Bible says that we are guarded, garrisoned by God’s power through our faith. Think about it; we are talking about GODS POWER. There is no power greater than He is. And He is living in us with His power. He makes His power available to us as His children. His power no foe can withstand (Psalm 91:1, Amplified Bible).

These are just a few reasons why we can rejoice and have joy unspeakable and full of glory in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, in the midst of trouble all around us. The world and its trouble and trials and temptations is temporal (temporary), subject to change and cannot overpower the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. There is no power greater than God! I repeat: THERE IS NO POWER GREATER THAN GOD! And He is living in you as His child.

Joy brings God on the scene with the fullness of His glory. REJOICE!