Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heaven in 2007

A partner insert from Jesse Duplantis Ministries triggered today’s Pearls of Wisdom.
The header for the insert is: A Life of Heaven in 2007.

And these were the confessions to make. Let’s personalize them for our lives in 2007.

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in….

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY CONFESSION! I will speak the Word and draw good things into my life!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY FAITH! I will see through the eyes of child-like faith! God is able!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY THRONE-TIME! I will seek God in prayer more than ever before!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY FOCUS! I will not allow distractions to steal my ‘life of Heaven’ in 2007!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY POWER! I will take authority --- I decide what I will do in life, not satan!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY THINKING! I have the mind of Christ and I refuse to be confused!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY BLESSINGS! Every spiritual, physical, and financial promise in the Word is God’s good will for me!”

“In 2007, I’m going to a higher level in MY LIFE! May God’s will be done ‘…in earth, as it is in Heaven’ in 2007!”

What a confession to make. God always wants to take us to a higher level. In Him is the ultimate, highest level there is. Are you pressing upward to a new level this year in your spiritual walk? Are you determined and have you made up your mind, on purpose, that you will succeed in all that you set your hand to? that the words of your mouth will definitely change the course of your life, of your circumstances for success? that your faith will produce success in your life? that you will seek the Lord more than you have before? that you will focus so pointedly on the Lord that nothing distracts you from time with Him? that God’s power of life is operating in you in its fullness? that your thinking will be the thoughts He thinks? that you will walk in the blessing of the Lord in every area of your life and that you will walk in the realm of zoe, eternal life?

Most people are satisfied with status quo, and status quo can be equal to stagnation. In God’s Kingdom, if we are not aiming for the higher life, we are standing still. There is so much to explore in God’s realm, and I don’t want to miss any of it. There are so many people to reach and so much to do, and I want to do all that He has called me to do. How can we achieve if we don’t aim higher? Take aim and go for it. There are levels of God’s Kingdom that none of us have come up to yet. We must keep pressing toward the mark, just like the Apostle Paul exhorted us when he said in Philippians 3:14 that he pressed toward the mark for the prize of the high calling in God in Christ Jesus. One of the words used in the Strong’s Concordance for this word “press” is the word “pursue.” I like that word. To pursue indicates to me that you don’t sit and wait for it to come to you. You go after it. What do you go after? You go after everything God has for you and don’t back off from any of it. Pursue higher levels in God’s power, in His Life, in faith, in love, in your confession, in His blessing. Pursue God with every ounce of your strength. Go after Him. And don’t ever stop at the level where you are now. If you become tired or discouraged, stir up the Sprit of God that is in you. And go to a higher level.