Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, February 16, 2007

God's Plan For Your Life

Proverbs 16:9 in the Amplified Bible reads:
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.

Proverbs 19:21 in the Amplified Bible reads:
Many plans are in a mans’ mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand.

God’s plans for our lives are written in His book in Heaven. All that He has planned for your destiny is there for you. What you and I have to do is to be led of the Holy Spirit and get the mind of God in our lives; we need the Holy Spirit to direct us and to guide us in the footsteps of Jesus. Our footsteps follow Him.

When we are growing up, people ask us what we want to be when we grow up, and we tell them. It varies but there are numerous occasions where the person has become what they said they would be. People who don’t know what they want to do when they grow up, flounder and are uncertain of their future. I have noticed that children who are encouraged to think of their future are more likely to do what they were designed by God to do than those children who are not encouraged to do so. As parents, we must always guide our children in the direction of seeking the Lord with all their hearts and putting Him first place in their lives. Then, as they grow physically and come to the time of doing as adults what God has planned for them, they will have grown spiritually and can hear the voice of the Lord telling them what to do.

What are the desires of your heart? Today, are you where you want to be? Are you doing that which satisfies you? Are you in the place you want to be? What is God saying to you right now as you read this? What is He saying to you about your life? Are you right in the center of God’s will? And if you are not, why aren’t you doing something about it?

There is only one way to know God’s will—spend much time with Him in prayer and in His Word. Pray much in the spirit until you do know what God’s perfect plan is for your life and then go and do it, one step at a time, until you have finished your course here on this earth and He is satisfied and you are satisfied.

I can hear some of you saying right now. But, Kialeen, I am too old to start over. I am too old to change jobs. I am too old to go back to school. I am too old to move. Really! With God, you are never too old to get into His perfect will for your life. He is a God Who redeems time lost. He is such a wonderful loving God that His greatest desire is for us to be in His perfect will. Why is that? He knows that is the place of perfect contentment and satisfaction, the place where He can use you the most to influence the people He wants to minister to. He has a whole group of people for you to touch, to affect for His Kingdom. You can’t influence them if you are not in the right place.

I wasn’t even saved until I was 32 years old. After I got saved, I knew that I was called to the ministry. Over the years, God has fine-tuned me and refined me, a little here, a little there until this present day, when I know that I am “smack dab” in the middle of His perfect will. It is such a place of rest and peace. I love what I am doing and I love working with the great Creator of the universe. He is so much fun to be with and to work with.

I want that same peace for you. God wants it.

My prayer for you today is that you will find God’s perfect plan for your life. Remember that there are many plans in your mind but in the final analysis, it is the Lord’s plan for you that will stand when all the others have backed out of the way. God plans your way in life. The secret to being in His will is to stay real close to Him. Let Him have the driver’s seat. Follow Him. Stay with Him.

Say this:
I am led by the Holy Spirit of God. His plans and purposes for me are being divinely fulfilled, even now as I speak this Word. He leads me and guides me in all of my life. Thank You, Lord.