Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Psalm 119 - Part 6

Before we continue our confession of Psalm 119, I would like to share with you a confession that Pastor George Pearsons has given that both he and his church are speaking and which I am speaking as I watch his teaching on Spirit-Led Vision (which, by the way, is the best teaching I have heard on vision). I would highly recommend listening to this teaching, which he started last August and is still teaching. Whether you have heard teaching on vision before or whether it is new to you, it will benefit you.

“I am a child of God. I have been born again. I am born of the Spirit of God. God’s Spirit communicates with my spirit and tells me I am a child of God. As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. The Spirit of God leads me. He is leading me now. He is rising up big in me, giving illumination to my mind, strength to my body, direction to my spirit. I am led by the Spirit of God. He leads me by the inward witness, by the inward voice, by the voice of the Holy Spirit. All of the leadings that come to me in life will come out of my spirit because I am led by the Spirit of God. I am created in the likeness and the image of God. God is a Spirit being. I am a spirit being. I am a spirit; I have a soul; and I live in a body. I contact the physical realm with my body. I contact the intellectual realm with my soul. I contact the spiritual realm with my spirit. My spirit is called the inward man, the hidden man of the heart, the real me. It is that part of me that is born again, that will live forever and that communicates with the Lord. God leads me; He guides me; He directs me; He enlightens me; He communicates vision to me through my spirit. I am led by the Spirit of God.”

Now, let’s continue our confession of Psalm 119.

Hold me up and I shall be safe; and I will have respect unto Your Word continually.

Deal with me according to Your mercy, and teach me Your Word.

I am Your child; give me understanding, that I may know Your Word.

I love Your Word above gold, yes, above fine gold.

I esteem your Word concerning all things to be right.

Your Word is wonderful; therefore, my soul keeps Your Word.

The entrance of Your Words gives me light; it gives understanding to me.

I opened my mouth and panted; for I long for Your Word.

Look upon me and be merciful to me as You do to those who love Your name.

Order my steps in Your Word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Deliver me from the oppression of man; so will I keep Your Word.

Make Your face to shine upon Your child; and teach me Your Word.

Your Word that You have commanded is righteous and very faithful.

Your Word is very pure; therefore I love Your Word.

Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and Your Word is the truth.

Your Word is my delight, even when trouble and anguish try to take hold of me.

The righteousness of Your Word is everlasting; give me understanding and I shall live.