Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Psalm 119 - Part 5

We’re getting there. As my son used to say when we took a trip: Are we there yet? You realize that Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. Of course, it is. It is the chapter about God’s Word. His Word is what we have been given for victorious living here on this earth. Then it stands to reason that the chapter about His Word would be the longest one. Let’s confess His Word this day. Are you ready? Let’s go. What a way to start. Look at the first confession. You may want to stay there on that verse for a while. I think I will.

O how I love Your Word! It is my meditation all the day.

You, through Your Word have made me wiser than my enemies; for Your Word is ever before me.

I have more understanding than all my teachers; for Your Word is my meditation.

I understand more than those who are aged, because I keep Your Word.

I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your Word.

I have not departed from Your judgments; for You have taught me.

How sweet are Your words unto my taste---Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Through Your Word I get understanding; therefore, I hate every false way.

Your Word is a lamp, candle unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Let’s camp at this verse for a minute. Do you realize that God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Life and Who is Light and Who is Love. He is the total source of life. His life is called zoe life, which is eternal life. Eternal life is flowing through you and me as children of the Most High God, Who is our Heavenly Father. As we speak His Word, we are releasing the Life and Love and Light of God on our behalf into this earth, for whatever we need. Do you need healing in your body? His Word is Life to your mortal body. Do you need financial stability and prosperity? His Word is full of life for your finances. Whatever you need, the Lord has the supply, the provision for that need. He is our source of supply for everything. But most of all, He is our Lord, our Father, our Savior, our Redeemer, our wonderful Friend and Companion and the One Who loves us dearly. Focus on these things today about the Lord. He is our everything. Meditate on His love for you today and your love for Him.

I have sworn and I will do it; I will confirm it; I will keep Your Word.

Quicken me, give me life according to Your Word.

Accept the offerings of my mouth, freely given, and teach me Your Word.

I do not forget Your Word.

Your Word have I taken as an heritage forever; for Your Word is the rejoicing of my heart.

I have inclined my heart to perform Your Word always, even unto the end.

I hate vain, non-productive, unprofitable thoughts, but I love Your Word.

You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your Word.

Evildoers depart from me that I may keep the Word of my God.

Uphold me according to Your Word, that I may live; and let me not be ashamed of my hope.