Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Monday, February 19, 2007

The Fullness of the Godhead

As I was teaching Monday evening in our ministry meeting, I shared about Colossians 2:6-10 in the Amplified Bible as a powerful confession. Let’s look at it and make it our declaration today.

I have received Christ Jesus the Lord and walk, regulate my life and conduct myself in union with and conformity to Him.

I have the roots of my being firmly and deeply planted in Christ Jesus my Lord. I am fixed and founded in Christ Jesus my Lord. I am being continually built up in Christ Jesus my Lord, becoming increasingly more confirmed and established in the faith, just as I was taught, and I am abounding and overflowing in my faith with thanksgiving.

I see to it that no one carries me off as spoil or makes me captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit, idle fancies and plain nonsense, following human tradition, men’s ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world, just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding the teachings of Christ.

For in Christ the whole fullness of the Godhead continues to dwell in bodily form, giving complete expression of the divine nature.

And I am complete in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life; in Christ I am filled with the Godhead—Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and I reach full spiritual stature. And He is the Head of all rule and authority, of every angelic principality and power.

I am filled with the Godhead; I am complete in Christ Jesus; I have the Head of every angelic principality and power living in me. The Greater One is living in me with His fullness. I am filled with Christ Jesus. I am full to overflowing.

What a confession to make every day. This covers it all.

The fullness of God is everything we would ever need—health, wealth, love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, patience, faithfulness, faith, temperance. He is in us with everything He is. Stop and think on that for a while. All that God is, is ours now as we walk on this earth. Everything He is, we are. Why? Because He dwells in us in His fullness. Whatever we need while we are here on this earth, He will supply. All we have to do is believe it and receive it by faith. By faith means that we may not see it in the natural realm, but it is done in the spirit. When it is done in the spirit, just trust God and watch Him bring it about. Believe and receive. Believe and receive. Believe and receive.

Let’s say that a few times: I believe God and I receive the fullness of Him in my life and for my life. I believe God and I receive. I believe God and I receive. You fill it in. What do you need to receive that is His? He has it all.

Faith is such a simple act. And mankind has made it so complicated. Faith is believing the truth of someone or something. It is believing that God is truth. What He says is true. What He says, you can depend upon. That is what it is. When the situation doesn’t look favorable, who do you believe? Do you believe the world and what it says? Or do you believe what God’s Word says to you? His Word is truth, regardless of what you see going on around you. What He says in His Word, it is true for you, whether you accept it as truth or not. His Word will always be true for anyone who will take it and believe it. Believe what He says, even when it looks like you are going down for the third time.

You can trust God. You can trust His Word.