Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

It's Mine Now!

What if someone walked up to you and said:
I have here in my hand a pill that will heal every disease you would ever contract in your body.
OR
I have here in my hand a blank check. Fill in any amount you want. It is yours.
Would you take it?

The answer for most people immediately would be: Yes, of course, do you think I am stupid? Why wouldn’t I take something like that which is given to me?

As I was going down the highway this morning for my weekly visit to my dad’s house, the Lord showed me that I have access to either my soul or access to my spirit for what I need. He said that I could access my soul, which would be the world’s way of doing something. That way would be of my own efforts and my own doing. I would use my intellect to analyze the situation and determine what the best approach was to results. Then I would decide how to approach the situation and make that decision to do it a certain way to get results. Then I would feel good about my rather involved decision-making ability and the results I got. OR I could access my spirit, in which case I would be totally out of control of the situation and The Spirit of God would be in control, showing me what to say, what to do and when to do it and where to do it.

I’ll give you an example.
Someone really speaks nasty to you and makes fun of you. You can access your soul and say that you are going to be nice and not react to them and be kind to them. And five minutes later you will blow up in their face. OR you can access your spirit where the Holy Spirit dwells and say: I give You permission to take over, Holy Spirit. I know that I can’t handle this situation. What do you want me to do and how do you want me to handle it? I release any reaction I may have and I release You to bring Your love into this situation.

Now, just in case you think I am rambling, I am going somewhere with this so stay with me. In this world, when the doctor gives you a bad report or when the paycheck just doesn’t cut it for your bills, you have a choice of either accessing the way the world does it, i.e. your soul or accessing the way the spirit does it.

When we truly understand what Jesus has done for us by redeeming us from the curse of the law, that He really has set us free from having to go through what the world goes through, we will access the answer by our spirit every time.

I was made very acutely aware this morning that all that Jesus has purchased for me is already mine. Now I have known this for a long time but I really know it now. Healing is already mine. I don’t have to pray for it. I don’t have to fast for it. I don’t have to beg for it. It is already mine because of what Jesus did for me. He got it and He said: Here, take it, it belongs to you. Then why in the world are God’s children standing in front of His throne begging Him to please, please do something when they are standing with it in their hands already. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to say: there is something wrong with this picture. It is one of those “dah” moments.

So, what am I saying to you today? You are already healed. Just accept it. You are already prosperous. Just accept it. The actual earthly provision of it is God’s responsibility and not yours. Do you not think that He is a responsible God? Can He not handle responsibility? The way some Christians act, you would think that God is the most irresponsible individual around. What we are to do is to enjoy life to the max and let Him take care of the provisions for us. He is a good provider. He has paid a very “handsome” price for our healing and our prosperity. It is already ours to enjoy now. The pain has to leave. The symptoms have to leave. The money has to come to pay the bills. It is not a matter of if it comes. It is a matter of when it comes. The whole matter is His to take care of, not ours. And I have wasted years trying to make it happen, straining to make it happen, praying, fasting, confessing, praising, all with one end---to get God’s attention so that He would do something. All of these are important but not to get something we already have. They are to thank Him for what He has done. They are for us to keep ourselves in agreement with Him and what He has already done for us. IT IS FINISHED. IT IS ALREADY OURS. IT IS A DONE DEAL. It is God’s responsibility to bring about the earthly production of His Word in our lives.