Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, May 18, 2007

God's Plans Give Me Hope

Today we are going to confess Jeremiah 29:11 in different translations and several other scriptures on God’s plans for our lives. Let’s declare:

God’s plans give me hope.

KJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

NKJV For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

AMPLIFIED BIBLE For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

NLT For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

NAS For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.

THE MESSAGE I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out----plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

JERUSALEM BIBLE I know the plans I have in mind for you-----it is Yahweh who speaks----plans for peace, not disaster, reserving a future full of hope for you.

THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE - THE OLD TESTAMENT I alone know my purpose for you, says the LORD: prosperity and not misfortune, and a long line of children after you.

COMPLETE JEWISH BIBLE For I know what plans I have in mind for you, says Adonai, plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future.

JAMES MOFFATT TRANSLATION For I keep in mind my purpose for you, a purpose of weal, not of woe, to let you have hope for the future.

NIV For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

HOLMAN CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE For I know the plans I have for you----[this is] the Lord’s declaration----plans for [your] welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

ENGLISH STANDARD VERSION For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

EPHESIANS 2:10 AMPLIFIED BIBLE For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

PSALM 32:8 AMPLIFIED BIBLE I [THE Lord] will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

PHILIPPIANS 1:6 AMPLIFIED BIBLE And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.