Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Ephesians 1 - God's Great Love

I have been reading Ephesians much in the past week, and I would like to quote a portion of Ephesians 1 that has meant so much to me lately about my relationship with the Lord. I am going to personalize it so that it will mean something to you as well. Today, why don’t you take it as a personal word for you to speak over yourself concerning His great love for you!

Ephesians 1:4-14 Taken from the Amplified Bible and the King James Version

In His love he chose me, actually picked me out for Himself as His own in Christ before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy, consecrated and set apart for Him and blameless in His sight, even above reproach before Him in love.

For He foreordained me, destined me, planned in love for me to be adopted, revealed as His own child through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will because it pleased Him and was His kind intent. He did this so that I might be to the praise and the commendation of His glorious grace which He so freely bestowed on me in the Beloved. I am accepted in the Beloved.

In His Beloved, God’s dear Son, the son of His Love, I have redemption, deliverance and salvation through His blood, the remission, the forgiveness of my offenses, shortcomings, trespasses, sins in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor.

He lavished His favor upon me in every kind of wisdom and understanding, practical insight and prudence, which gives me the ability to regulate and discipline myself wisely.

He makes known to me the mystery or secret of His will, of His plan, of His purpose. And His purpose is this: In accordance with His good pleasure, His merciful intention which He has previously purposed and set forth in Jesus, He planned for the maturity or fullness of times and the climax of the ages to gather together in one, to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, both things in heaven and things in earth.

In Christ I also was made God’s heritage; I obtained an inheritance. For I have been foreordained, chosen and appointed beforehand in accordance with His purpose Who works everything in agreement with the counsel and design of His own will for me.

I who first hoped in Christ, who first put my confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to live for the praise of His glory!

In Him I also have heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of my salvation and have trusted Him; I was stamped with the seal of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of my inheritance, the pledge of my inheritance, in anticipation of its full redemption and my acquiring complete possession of it---to the praise of His glory.

What a beautiful passage of scripture we have as a promise here for us as God’s children.

The Father, our dear Heavenly Father loves us; He chose us; He picked us out as His own before he founded the world. He wanted us; He destined us to be His very own. He adopted us as His very own. We are His. And in Him we are accepted in the Beloved, in His Beloved Son, the Son of His Love, Jesus Christ.

In Jesus Christ we have redemption through His blood. We have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace, which He has lavished upon us. God is not a God of little. He is a God of abundance. He lavishes His Blessing upon us in whatever He does for us. He does it in abundance.

We have an inheritance. We have a heritage in Christ Jesus. All of the Kingdom is ours. The Holy Spirit is the guarantee of that inheritance. He is the pledge by God that all that He has promised to us is ours. And what do we have to do---ACCEPT, TRUST, BELIEVE, OBEY. The rest is up to the Lord. He is the One Who will perform what He says He will do. TRUST HIM!