Pearls of Wisdom

God’s Word is full of Him, Who is Wisdom. Jesus is spoken of as the Wisdom of God. In the Bible the book of Proverbs is a definite book of wisdom, which is to be studied. This page is dedicated to bringing the wisdom of God’s Word to you so that you may find daily wisdom for your own life.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Reality of Redemption

Yesterday, we looked at the words redeem and reconcile in the dictionary. Let’s look at the word redeem in the Strong’s Concordance today.

We see in Strong’s that the word redeem means: Ransom, release, preserve, deliver, rescue, purchase, buy, to buy back from loss, something to loosen with, i.e. a redemption price. We see the same idea for redemption from the Strong’s Concordance as we do from the dictionary.

We must understand what we have been given as human beings here on this earth. God, in His great love for us, has made available to us once again what Adam and Eve had. We have been given the right to become children of the Almighty God and to have His nature and ability in us to do what we have been called to do on this earth. God wants His family together again. He is calling them from the north, the south, the east and the west. He’s calling the children home; He’s calling out to the prodigals. Come home. Come home. Supper is waiting. I have a table laden with goodies for you. Are you hungry? Come and dine. And you and I are His hands and feet and voice to go and tell them and bring them to the banqueting table.

And do you know this? If we do not know what we have been given, if we do not know what we are walking in ourselves, how can we tell others, if we don’t know what we have, if they don’t see the evidence in us of redemption?

When somebody is released from prison, that person doesn’t stand in the cell asking whether they can go or not. They go. They leave. We have been released from the prison in which satan had us in bondage. And so many are still standing in the prison cell begging God to help them. Why would a free man beg for freedom? He would beg for freedom if he did not know he was free.

We are free. We are free from satan and his sin and all of its consequences------sickness and disease, poverty, lack, want, defeat, failure, bad relationships, children going astray, marriages messed up, etc, etc. We are delivered. We must get this into our understanding. When one of these things shows up in our lives, we must understand that we have ALREADY BEEN DELIVERED from whatever comes against us. So what if it seems to linger? It cannot stick on you. Satan is just checking out your understanding of your deliverance. He wants you to go back into that prison he has built for you.

One of the things I have noticed about myself and about others. If you have been in that situation for a long time, if you have prayed and seemingly seen no results, you tend to stay in the prison of unbelief and disappointment, not believing that you are free. Believe it, regardless of what you see or feel. It is true. You are free from everything that would come against you. Stand in Jesus Christ and see His deliverance performed in your life. Don’t back up. Don’t back off. STAND AND HAVING DONE ALL TO STAND, STAND THEREFORE (Ephesians 6).

We must understand this. We are the redeemed of the Lord. He has redeemed us and set us free. We are a free people.

Let’s make this confession today:

Because of Jesus and His blood, I am free. I am a free man/woman because Jesus Christ came and set me free from the prison that satan had me in. I am no longer bound by ________ (You fill in the blank for your own life; you may have more than one thing.). Jesus, thank you for redeeming me. I am the redeemed of the Lord and I say so. I AM REDEEMED. I am delivered. I am set free. I am purchased with the blood of Jesus. I have been rescued. I am restored to friendship with God. I am in agreement with God again. I am His child. He loves me and I love Him. I am free. I have been set free from all that would bind me. I am free from all that satan would attempt to place on me. Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Father. Thank You, Holy Spirit. Thank you for making the reality of redemption so real to me that I know that I am free. I am released from the prison I have been in. I am the redeemed of the Lord and I say so. Thank You, Lord, that you have filled me to the full with Yourself. I am Yours.